March 2013 Weddings

Hello. :)

Hi, thought I would post an intro post.  My FI and I are getting married on March 30, 2013 in Chicago and are excited. 

Things we've accomplished: Venue, Food/Drink, Wedding dress, Officiant, Entertainment, Save the Dates, Reception Dinner, Photo, Video, Hotel Block, Lighting, Groom's cake, Day-of coordinator.

Things we still have to accomplish: Rings, Flowers (getting quotes), Bridesmaid dresses (doing that this weekend), FI's tux, Honeymoon (we are flexible on this though), Bride's cake, invitations, wedding transportation, hair/makeup (started researching this already).

Anything major I'm missing?  Anyone else a little behind on schedule to make me feel like my list isn't that overwhelming?

Re: Hello. :)

• Welcome to the board! Your list looks pretty good! Right now I'm working on finalizing the invitation wording so we can finish putting them together. Also getting addresses so they will be finished in plenty of time. We just registered and we're just going to delete/add a few things then start sharing it with family and anyone that asks. We're going to start putting together our centerpieces soon, plan the rehearsal dinner, and finalize the suit choices. I think that's what's on our immediate to do list. If there are any DIY projects you're doing, I'd probably get started on them soon to give yourself time for any mistakes or if you change your mind on something. Plus the more you can get done early, the less you'll be stressed about later!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Congrats and welcome! You were on the NEY board, weren't you?

You've made great progress!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:21be0e05-fdbe-4c85-9c62-4684e6fc0b60Post:652c187e-b289-4750-bd6c-36ee0b40fb3e">Re: Hello. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats and welcome! You were on the NEY board, weren't you? You've made great progress!
    Posted by JordanL1221[/QUOTE]

I was indeed.  :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. 
  • Sounds like you're right on track! Good work!
    So far I have: venue, dj, JP, photog, hotel, transportation,florist, dress, BM dresses,hair and make up booked for me and my BM's, STD sent, Invites ready to order after the tasting, Koozies for favors ordered, and guestlist tree print ordered from etsy yesterday. Have some DIY centerpiece projects going on that I am mid way through too! And have my mason jars for my centerpieces all ready for the florist! 
    Sometimes I feel like I am doing great and other days I think that I am behind for some reason!
    I need to start thinking of song choices! for the  most part I am just picking the special songs and letting the DJ do his thing but need to get those nailed down. 
    I just  keep telling myself that if something I have planned in my head doesnt pan out then I am the only one that knows it didnt..besides my FI haha but hes OK with whatever! 
    Good luck!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards