Canada-Ontario
Options

HM!!

Hi Ladies, Has anyone booked their HM yet? Has anyone looked into Maldives? I need a good travel agent in the Vaughan area and at what point should you book your HM? 6-8 months before? Thanks in advance!

Re: HM!!

• Options
    I booked my honeymoon to french polynesia about 8 months before. But I was doing research on different hotels, treavel agencies etc before hand. I suggest you start by looking on your own before contacting travel agents. You want to make sure their quotes are in line with the prices you find on your own. I started with looking at Tripadvisor to narrow down hotels I liked. Then looked at different promotions for that hotel (on the hotel website, basic google searching for that hotel, and then looking at Expedia, Orbitz rates). Then I went to the Tahiti tourism website to find a certified tahiti travel agent (from TO area). I ended up booking under a great promotion that I found and told my agent about. I am not a big fan of travel agents because I feel that they sneak in extra charges/commission when you can get it much cheaper by looking on your own. However, for more complicated travel arragnements they can be helpful. Just be aware of everything they charge for, and don't just accept their initial quote. 
    Great choice on the Maldives btw!!
  • Options
    Great advice! Thank you so much. I usually don't go to a travel agents either, but with stop overs and multi locations, I figured it was better. Thanks again :)
  • Options
    A good friend booked in Bora Bora and found huge savings. Not the same place, but definitely the same price range. You need to find out when low season is and book for that time, if at all possible. Then for flights, get creative! Perhaps you can plan a stop-over and continue the flight elsewhere as long as it's in the same direction. If you want an over the water hut, one tip I've heard is to book at a hotel where the majority of rooms are over the water. Book a regular land room, and you can usually get up graded for free. It depends on the hotel though, so definity read the trip advisor reviews. I'm planning on postponing our honeymoon so that we can go in low season for big savings. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards