Honeymoon Discussions
Options

US honeymoons

Who's taking or thinking of taking a US honeymoon?
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: US honeymoons

• Options
    if you fly to Canada/Mexico you need a passport. If you are driving you need a passport card or passport.  This was as of June 1, 2009. 

People who travel between the countries often for say work or something may also use a WHTI approved document.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Disney World and Cocoa Beach!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming-  looking at staying at Teton Mountain Lodge in November for our honeymoon.  It's a reasonable price because it's off-season.  We're choosing a place that appeals to both of us, is new to both of us, and reminds us of our engagement in Breckenridge, CO! 
  • Options
    Thanks Lynda - I honestly don't know why I thought they changed the law back to open travel...that shows how often I cross the border!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're thinking Nashville, Tennesee:)  Looks like a lot of fun and reasonable. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoons-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:0da83fc5-9b60-487e-810a-44645f022686Post:8908de4c-c692-4090-a937-12c47b212360">Re: US honeymoons</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Lynda - I honestly don't know why I thought they changed the law back to open travel...that shows how often I cross the border!
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

No problem.  While I do not cross the board between Canada or Mexico I do go to the British Virgin Islands from the US virgin Islands a lot for work. I deal with US Customs and Border control pretty often.  Actually 3 times just this week alone.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We are getting Married in late Oct and my guy has to be in PA on the 4th on Nov so we are driving up that way for the HM. We are going to a few hounted B&B's right up our style.
  • Options
    Disney World!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can still go to Puerto Rico without a passport!  FI and I went there for vacation last year, and are considering going back for our honeymoon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    We will be doing Cancun and NYC!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoons-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:0da83fc5-9b60-487e-810a-44645f022686Post:1f605e94-f9a4-4e1c-a347-a4c05e5e864e">Re: US honeymoons</a>:
    [QUOTE]Disney World!
    Posted by starshine1977[/QUOTE]

we really want to go to disney world, too! i've been, he's never been, but it's been a long time for me... he's worried about the costs, though... how long are you going? where are you staying? how much are you guys spending?
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Options
    Alaskan cruise, baby!
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • Options
    We went to Siesta Key, FL and rented a beach house!

It was fabulous, and everything we wanted! Serence and peaceful and no pressure to sight see if we just wanted to relax - which we did!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    We spent our HM in Colorado Springs, CO. We did whitewater rafting, hiking, Garden of the Gods, etc. It was a blast!
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoons-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:0da83fc5-9b60-487e-810a-44645f022686Post:103730a5-c51c-45bd-8de5-c135fb0c48d3">Re: US honeymoons</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jackson Hole, Wyoming-  looking at staying at Teton Mountain Lodge in November for our honeymoon.  It's a reasonable price because it's off-season.  We're choosing a place that appeals to both of us, is new to both of us, and reminds us of our engagement in Breckenridge, CO! 
    Posted by krb033[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oooo Breckenridge is beautiful in the Summer! It was super expensive though so I see why you'd rather head to a resort in Wyoming.</div>
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoons-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:0da83fc5-9b60-487e-810a-44645f022686Post:26906298-9e4c-40d4-884b-2af62793cb7b">Re: US honeymoons</a>:
    [QUOTE]Portland, Oregon- we're going to do awesome thrift shopping, go hiking, eat Voodoo Donuts and embrace a little hipster stereotype :)
    Posted by hippie4yahweh[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Portland is an amazing city and you can see Mt Hood right from your window. If you're at all outdoorsy I'd suggest going to check out the waterfalls in the area too. The great thing about Portland is that camping or hiking are a short drive from the city. Check out Multnomah Falls and a few others in the Columbia River Gorge.</div><div><a href="http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/recreation/waterfalls.shtml">http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/recreation/waterfalls.shtml</a></div>
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoons-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:0da83fc5-9b60-487e-810a-44645f022686Post:a3456dd5-d2a8-4d4b-9638-3d5339c36dad">Re: US honeymoons</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cedar Point - Sandusky Ohio
    Posted by terrijason[/QUOTE]

I have lived in Sandusky, Ohio my whole life so if you have any questions about Cedar Point you can ask me. I worked there for about 5 years while in high school and in college.
  • Options
    We are thinking about going to Seaside, FL.  We are getting married on Sept 25th in the Georgia mountains, and we plan to drive down the next day, probably later in the day, and rent a beach house for the week.  We just want to relax, relax, relax, and this seems like a very quaint area to do so.  If we decide to go sightseeing, we can, if not....fine by me! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards