Catholic Weddings
Options

prayer of the faithful

We are writing our own verses for the prayer of the faithful, I have a general idea of what I want to say but I'm still playing around with the wording, is anyone willing to share what they used for their own?  I am particually interested to see any verses about a prayer for our future children as well as one for animals/pets, so far I think I am doing
1. For the church
2. For our family and friends
3. For all married couples
4. For our future children
5. For animals/pets
6. For those that have died
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: prayer of the faithful

• Options
    My cousin's prayer for their marriage was something like,

For Bride and Groom, married today, and all married couples.  May they be blessed with long lives, happy memories, wine, good friends, children, etc., etc.

Basically just a few of the things they enjoyed as a couple and hoped for.

They also included a mention of the bride's father, who died back in 2004.
    Anniversary

• Options
    There are four items that should be mentioned in some way

Church
    Government
    Sick
    those who have died.

Regarding animals...check with your priest on that one. 
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_prayer-of-the-faithful-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:b03d8264-9ab7-4b9a-b783-757974b5365aPost:8a7b9653-380f-4d03-9264-0b2b24c832f8">prayer of the faithful</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are writing our own verses for the prayer of the faithful, I have a general idea of what I want to say but I'm still playing around with the wording, is anyone willing to share what they used for their own?  I am particually interested to see any verses about a prayer for our future children as well as one for animals/pets, so far I think I am doing 1. For the church 2. For our family and friends   <strong>My daughter wrote, "For our family and friends who have been a source of inspiration and encouragement in our journey towards marriage,"</strong>3. For all married couples 4. For our future children 5. For animals/pets 6. For those that have died<div>
    </div><div>Both my daughter and her husband are teachers.  I really liked the intention they wrote on their behalf......"For our students, that their hearts and minds be continually open to wisdom and knowledge to make positive decisions."
    Posted by lexi913[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards