Missouri-Kansas City

DJ recs? and Photo?

So i'm meeting with Pro DJ KC and Debby Z & company.  Anyone using either of these?  Or know anything about these?

For photography i'm meeting with Sarah Dickerson, Melissa Ellis, and corner stone.  I"m trying not to pay more than 2000 for photography but it is one of my top things that i want to spend money on.  

Thanks in advance for the help!
Kristen

Re: DJ recs? and Photo?

• edited December 2011

I haven't heard anything about either DJ Company.
    But I did meet with Sarah Dickerson and really liked her and her photography she is who we ended up going with.  She had lots of great ideas for where to take some of our photos and was reasonably priced.  She is also willing to work with you so that you get what you are looking for and stay within a certain budget.  Hope this helps
    Maiya

• edited December 2011
    She is my 'early' favorite.  What package did you end up going with with her?  She has 6 hours and all day...i feel like i fit in between

btw, i 'freaked' out for a second b/c i thought you might have the same day as me but then realize you are the day before, so she would still be available.  
  • edited December 2011

We ended up getting the "whole day" package, we thought about doing something in between but when we talked to her it was a better deal to do the whole day versus the hour package because we are having a traditional catholic wedding with an evening reception and there is about 3 hours between the two events

I'm glad to hear that the freak out was short lived :).  There are some other ladies on here with the same date as you (10-10-10).

• wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings that used Debby Z and Company.  One of them was actually Debby doing the DJing and the other was a different DJ.  They were both great DJ's. 

I contacted them when looking for my DJ, but I could not afford them.  They seemed to be a bit high compared to other DJ's I had looked at.  They did keep the crowd involved all night though, and both of those brides were very happy with them. 
  • edited December 2011
    I thought debby z was too expensive at first too, but since i'm getting married on a sunday she is giving us 300 dollars off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards