July 2012 Weddings

I feel like crying!

I'm so anxious and overwhelmed right now! FI just surprised me with the fantastic news that the amazing photographer we had originally wanted is suddenly available! The wedding on our same date just cancelled. FI called her looking for video and instead found out she's completely open! Problem is since last meeting with her, she's jacked up her prices wayyy over our budget! I've spent all afternoon quoting the cheapest, available videographers out there, without much luck (pricewise that is, it's not what I wanted.) However if we suck it up and hire her, there's absolutely no room in our budget for video. And though it's taken some convincing FI, I really want some form of video at the end of the day. I'm not so sure we can get a friend or family member to take care of it either so it's looking like hiring someone is about our only option.

FI is leaning towards hiring the photographer because her pictures are amaaaazing! And our current photographer sucks major butthole!! I'm freaking out over budgets, freaking out over making decisions we might regret, freaking out over whether to pick amazing photos or pick videographer! I'm trying my best to breathe and let things work themselves out but I'm having a really hard time succeeding! I thought maybe if I vented it would help a little..!! Ahhh!!

Re: I feel like crying!

• AHHHHH! Does it help if I vent with you?? Prollly not, but I thought I'd try lol.

Hmmm... well would you be able to get out of your current photog contract w/o losing much? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_i-feel-like-crying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9a833eac-7f04-44a6-91cc-200998e77a35Post:5b1120ce-23e3-4e15-86b1-a89fda3f927d">Re: I feel like crying!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>AHHHHH! Does it help if I vent with you?? Prollly not, but I thought I'd try lol.</strong> Hmmm... well would you be able to get out of your current photog contract w/o losing much? 
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! Well at least you made me laugh! :)

No idea, FI says he doesn't care though. It's not too much really, and according to him it might be doable. It seems FI is suddenly interested in photo quality.... 3 WEEKS before the wedding!!

ETA: Oh and I just got your wedding packet! Thanks a ton!
  • I totally went over budget for video and photo but to us that was important. If you know that your current photographer sucks the I would spend more money. In the long run you want to look back at pictures and love them.
  • haha your FI always cracks me up.

Well personally, I'd rather great photos and no video than mediocre both... but it's a personal decision I suppose. I wish I could help more!! I'm sure you will come to the best decision in the end!

And now, I'm actually off to bed haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    If I had to choose I'd rather have amazing pictures with no videography rather than mediocre pictures and videography. But if you can, I'd try to do the photographer you love and get a videographer somehow. Other than your marriage, those are the only two things you'll have after the wedding is over. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_i-feel-like-crying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9a833eac-7f04-44a6-91cc-200998e77a35Post:9440be02-87b3-4e9f-bf93-47ebb8a1f988">Re: I feel like crying!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I had to choose I'd rather have amazing pictures with no videography rather than mediocre pictures and videography. But if you can, I'd try to do the photographer you love and get a videographer somehow. Other than your marriage, those are the only two things you'll have after the wedding is over. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I agree with Meagan!  I'd def rather have an awesome photog and no videographer 

</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Photobucket
  • I also agree with pp's. We splurged on a good photographer and went without the video.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope you were able to come up with a decision.

If I were you, I'd pick the good photographer. Pictures mean a lot to me and they last forever!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maybe you can find a student to do the video? sometimes they offer their services super cheap.  a friend asked me if i wanted to use his friend for 200 for photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards