Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

PP cost of food

Alright, so I'm confused. Again.

What is a realistic average for a decent buffet meal per person? Not including alcohol, not including wedding cake. Magazines are telling me it's a lot, but looking at catering web sites it looks like you can get something good for $20-$30.

What's "normal"?

TIA!
Married and lovin' it!
Our Wedding! (click.)

Re: PP cost of food

• Options
    rosebc118rosebc118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well at all the venues we looked at (University Club downtown, town and country club) the meals to be served were around $30-40... so I think buffet would definitely be in the 20-30 range.

Your smart to be seperating all the other stuff... the place I ended up booking (the depot) gives pricing w/ cocktail hour and apps, dinner, and wine pour... so they advertise $65-95/person...but you can do just the dinner price to which is 30-40 per person. I think this turns a lot of people off there because they dont ask this question!

HTH!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $20-30 sounds pretty normal. Most places are about that. Some of the fancier ones like D'Amico are $40 or more. Check to see if the price includes a salad and what side dishes. Some places had that in the prices already and others didn't. Keep in mind, too, that for a buffet you'll probably end up needing more food than if it's plated. I know our venue the prices are the exact same for buffet vs dinner. 
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a buffet (carved turkey, roast beef au jus, green bean almondine, salad with cranberries, buttered rolls, garlic mashed potatoes, gravy, and relish tray for $23 per person (they could go back for more if they wanted).  It would have been $20 with only one entree choice.  Magazines often factor in east and west coast prices, which are considerably higher than in the midwest. 
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think between $20 and $30 sounds about right. Make sure you ask about tax and a service fee. My PPP jumped up $5 after figuring that in.

• Options
    leahluleahlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are looking at about $18 per person, and that is including the china, silverware, linen rentals. I think our two entree selections are about $13-$14/person with Classic Catering.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards