Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Weather??

What does everyone think of an outdoor wedding in November? I've had my heart set on an outdoor wedding like forever and due to work schedules November is the only time we can have the wedding. Does anyone think it'll be too cold then?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic November 2011 Siggy Challenge This is a really old picture from when we first started dating. Wedding Countdown Ticker image Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Weather??

• Options
    sosie&fangmansosie&fangman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding in November that was anything but cold -- lots of bugs and very warm, but it was still super beautiful.

I think in TX, you can probably do an outdoor wedding any time of year, just make sure you have a plan "B" in case of rain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it will be fine.  Make sure you have a plan B in case it rains or is unseasonably cold.

Edit: I guess cold in November is not really "unseasonable."
    Anniversary

• Options
    Buggles522Buggles522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have a tent for the reception i just didn't want to rent a $300 heater or two if I didn't have to. I just wanted everyone elses opinions on the cold. We can always rent one later if needed i guess but I didn't want to put out the cost for one if it wasn't going to be used.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic November 2011 Siggy Challenge This is a really old picture from when we first started dating. Wedding Countdown Ticker image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was 11/7/09 and we had an outdoor ceremony (indoor reception) and while it was a little breezy, the temperature was perfect.

On our first anniversary last year, it was freezing and we talked about how terrible it would have been to have gotten married that day. 

You just never know.
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would most likely be okay.  *Usually* November in the Dallas area is still fairly mild, but sometimes we do get a cold snap early.  I would just have a plan B set and if you realize you need to use as the date gets closer, you're covered. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto what ppl said. Does your venue have an indoor place just in case?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can just rent heaters later, then I would continue with your original outdoor plan and worry about heaters later.  Dallas weather is always hit or miss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards