August 2012 Weddings
Options

NWR anxiety

FI and I may be making an offer on a house this week. We originally were going to wait until after we got married as we didn't want the added stress but we have found a house that we love. This and the wedding will deplete a lot of our savings but not all of it. This isn't the first house for either of us but the first one we will be buying together. I hope I can handle the stress that this will bring on.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: NWR anxiety

• Options
    I know how you feel. We just bought and are renovating a house and all of it together is quite overwhelming. You're not alone!!
  • Options
    OP, good luck and congrats but I also want to say that you're not alone! It's not the magnitude of a house, but last night my FI bought a 2011 Kia. We also applied for an apartment on Saturday. We both graduated in Dec and are starting our jobs this week, so we're spending money before we even have it! I was pretty overwhelmed about money things last night, but I know that it will all work out. Remember you always have us to vent to :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am in the same boat. We put in an offer Sunday night and am about to go crazy.  I can't seem to breathe enough or have my nerves calm down.  The anxiety of buying a house, moving, making repairs AND wedding stuff all at the same time is ridiculous.  My nails are not looking their best right now, but as they say.....a rough beginning makes for a smooth ending.
    I have been saying WOOSAH alot lately

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#1 ? 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD ? MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• Options

It definitely is a lot to take on and it is nice to hear that others are in the same boat.  

On a side note in all my anxiety and stress this morning I forgot to put on my e-ring. I totally feel naked right now.  First time since I got it in December I haven't had it on.  

• Options
    One time I drove home to get it because I didn't want spectators to notice!  

You need a nice, relaxing evening.  Times get tough and things get overwhelming but you are engaged!  Take a second and enjoy it.  You are lucky to have found someone who loves you and he'll be by your side to worry with you or calm you down ;-)
  • Options
    We put an offer in on the house last night.  Will know by the end of the day whether it is accepted or not.

• Options
    My FI bought the house we live in 2 years ago (yeah, just realized it was 2 years ago and thought "wow" because he was barely 21 when he bought it).  We are still renovating the house, and the biggest renovations are yet to come so we feel your stress!!  To keep things in perspective I always look at our past and say, "wow, we have come a long way, yes we have had issues like any couple, but we have handled them well and I look forward to our future together", and it makes me feel 100% better! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards