Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

When is too late to send an invitation?

When is "too late, I am sorry", for you?
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: When is too late to send an invitation?

• Options
    If it's obvious I was B-listed, I wouldn't go.  Unless I knew the couple was sending invites out rather late, or some other intervening circumstance, receiving an invitation one or two weeks before the wedding says B-list to me.
  • Options
    If I didn't receive it until 2 weeks before, I would assume I was on the B list and wouldn't attend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah I'm against B-listing people. Typically, invites go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding, sooner if it's a DW. Send them all at one time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Ditto the others. I would never accept a B list invite.
  • Options
    I think beyond feeling B-listed, I'd also be a little offended that you'd expect me to drop whatever plans I had with just a few weeks notice.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
     Generallly, It's too late to send an invitation if it's after you dropped all the rest of the invitations in the mail.

There can be exceptions but not often
  • Options
    Depends on who it is, how much I wanted to go, and if I were free.  As Faye said, you have to draw the line somewhere, and for many people that means family first.  If family obligations are met, but they can't come, it frees you up to invite more friends.  I would expect my friend's relatives to be more important, and wouldn't be offended by it.  If a spot opened for me to attend, then yay for me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Options
    It really depends on the circumstances. I don't think there's a specific time cut-off when I just wouldn't attend based on principle. If I had nothing going on in two weeks and received an invitation, I just might show up. I personally don't see why everyone is so offended by being B-listed. I would never make a B-list, but I had a friend who originally only invited family to her small, budget wedding and after some family RSVP'd no, she said she would love for me to come. I wasn't offended at all; I was just happy to invited! Also, why are we all assuming that if we receive an invite after 6 weeks, we've been B-listed?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for your answers, I was just curious, as my parents received an invitation two weeks before, AND with gift registry, so, it was a little uncomfortable for them.  I found it a little inappropriated, as it is the wedding of the daughter of a friend of my father, I don't really know if the girl was my father's patient or what, but the relationship is not that close to also include gift registry in the invitation... That's what I think...
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards