Maryland-Baltimore
Options

new here! question about JD the mobile DJ

Hi, this is my first post on here.  My fiance and I just got engaged on June 21.  We are getting married on September 10, 2011 at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore!  I was wondering if anyone has used or knows anything about JD the mobile DJ?  His rates are very affordable (around $500) which is great, but also concerning!  I've read horror stories about DJ's that charge a lot less.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Re: new here! question about JD the mobile DJ

• Options
    Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using him for DJ services but he is my videographer. I wasn't very picky about  the videography so I just went with the cheapest I found, which was definitely him by far! He seems really nice and accomodating over email, and I'm actually meeting with him this Friday to finalize everything.  He sent a sample DVD of another wedding he did before we signed with him, and it was good.  Nothing earth shattering but definitely acceptable. 

Sorry not much help with the DJ part though!
  • Options
    jflaniganjflanigan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a couple reviews over at weddingwire.com . Honestly, that site is a lifesaver for reviews. Here's a direct link for that DJ.

http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/jd-the-mobile-dj-arnold/298b8fc53110eac6.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi - I wanted to see if you ended up using him? His reviews online seem good but I wanted to hear first hand any thoughts. I'm thinking of using him at my wedding next year. Thanks!
  • Options
    jla07jla07 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

We actually have him booked for our June 23 wedding, but know Iam just a little concerned after re-thinking and looking again at his website, it is very outdated with music selections...top songs he has listed Umbrella from 2009???  In addition after reading reviews on wedding wire the same reviews are on projectwedding?? In addition one of the newest  reviews talks about how great his website is....well it's very outdated so how can one think it's wonderful? Is he self promoting???  I'm seriously re-thinking  but may be stucjk sicne I'm within 3 months!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards