Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Help! Bridal Makeup & Hair

Hi ladies,

Wow, I am starting to feel queezy just looking at these prices for bridal hair and makeup ($350+). Do these places think we are a bank dishing out money on our wedding?! Anyway, I am getting married in Dahlonega this fall.
I wanted to see if any of the Dahlonega brides had high recommendations for bridal hair AND makeup artists in the area. I am willing to pay a little extra if I won't be paying travel expenses.
For the Atlanta brides, did any of you pay under $200 for your hair AND makeup? If so, who did/are you using?

Also- tipping...that's something else to factor in. What would you suggest for them after spending trial runs and all day with you?

I'm so open for suggestions! Thanks y'all!

Re: Help! Bridal Makeup & Hair

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to a Hair School and find someone to do it for you. Someone with little experience, no license...
    I'm sure they will be willing to do your hair and makeup for under $200, and pay to drive up there.

I'm not trying to be rude sweetie, but that is completely unrealistic.
    If money is an issue, find a hair salon, they will not charge travel fee's, which will save you anywhere from $50-$200. Having a hairstylist and makeup artist that is talented in BOTH is a LUXURY. Not an expectation. Their position demands respect. It is artistic and difficult and full of pressure.
    Something to keep in mind: Your pictures of your wedding will be forever. Your grandchildren will look at them. Over the years, the last thing they and you will care about is the favors, the decor, the food, the flowers... what you put on your wall, what your grandchildren will put in a frame is the pictures of you and your hubby to be. I.E Your hair and makeup. Remember how important those factor's are, and remember... if your hairstylist and makeup artist charges less than $200.
    They don't have the talent to create a lasting memory for your husband and you.
    Good luck--
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards