Colorado
Options

Lush Green Wedding Venue

Hi, I'm new to "the knot," YAY! I have recently gotten in WAY over my head at a wedding venue and had a lot of difficulties with extra prices of things. We were able to back out thankfully, but now I am starting from scratch. We are pretty open as far as where it is (mountains, Colorado Springs, etc.). I just want something really lush, a lot of flowers, ivy, that kind of thing. Budget is somewhere in the middle, so we are interesting in a lesser expensive venue, but we do have a few dollars to put forth ; ) The wedding is in next September, but I want to get the venue in place so I can put the other pieces of the puzzle together. Any suggestions? 

Re: Lush Green Wedding Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

"Budget somewhere in the middle" means different things to different people. The Knot has some budgeting tools. I would suggest starting there and getting an idea of how much of your budget you should allocate to the venue.

Also, you don't mention if you have decided on your guest list yet. That is the most important thing. Obviously if you have 200 guests, then you wouldn't be considering places that can only accomodate 150 people.

There site is also a great resource, http://www.weddingsitesandservices.com/. You can pick up hard copy at almost any grocery store in the metro area.

Good luck!

Shannon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! As of now, our guest list is at about 80 people, so we are having a fairly smallish wedding. That is part of the problem. Most of the places advertising for weddings are usually able to host large weddings, and we wanted something a little smaller and quaint. The budget of less concern, because I am willing to put a large portion down on the venue and cut back on other things. I know what we are looking for is out there, I'm just not sure where to find it. Again, thank you Shannon!

Brenna
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    greenbriar inn?
  • Options
    BooksyBooksy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would second the suggestion for the Greenbriar Inn in Boulder. I am getting married there next May and they have a lovely garden area and can rent out all or some of their rooms so that you have exactly the amount of space you need.

We are having a wedding with about 35 guests there and were able rent just the lawn & atrium for a great price.
  • Options
    kittyshapleekittyshaplee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Especially for a wedding in Colorado in the early fall, I would make sure that the venue has the option of inside in case the weather turns ugly.  Remember that it has snowed in September before!  This Denver wedding venue is pretty resonably priced and the garden is lovely.  Plus, if the weather turns ugly the staff is amazing and super flexible and they will be more than happy to move the whole thing inside at the last minute and it will still be great.  Check out their site for pics and more.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards