Texas-Austin

Flowers question

I'm planning my wedding from out of town and am going to be in Austin for one day with my mom to visit florists.  So my first (dumb) question is how long did your visits with florists take?  I'd like to visit as many as possible but at the same time I don't want to be rushed throughout the day.

Also, any recommendations on florists?  I'm on a budget (around 2000-2400 for flowers for a 150-175 person wedding) and flowers are not the most important thing to me.  I need someone who is going to give me lots of ideas as I'm not sure exactly what I want.   

TIA

Re: Flowers question

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely be able to find someone with that flower budget.  We met with the lady who owns Flower Creations on Shoal Creek Blvd. She was extremely nice and seemed to be reasonably priced. Lots of the ladies have had great experiences with the florist at whole foods.

Like any appointment is should last up to an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'd say we spent an hour at each appointment.  We weren't into spending a ton of flowers either and ended up choosing Donna Foster with Central Market located on Lamar.  It was much less expensive than we expected for what we are getting and I felt comfortable with her because of all of the rave reviews for her on the board.
  • edited December 2011

I did not have a large flower budget - around $1000 because they were not that important to me. I used Martha at ParkCrest Floral Design. I found her at the bridal show and loved her arrangements - they were beautiful but simple. She is really fun to work with and has great ideas! I would say plan about an hour - possibly less if you really know what you want. I just had an idea of the colors I wanted so it took a little while because she showed me different flowers and ideas. I would highly recommend ParkCrest.

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_flowers-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:e8e3cdae-93b7-49a9-8caf-cf866dc71f01Post:a8339a5b-5f39-4a52-a256-4f2ec066bf77">Re: Flowers question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd say we spent an hour at each appointment.  We weren't into spending a ton of flowers either and ended up choosing Donna Foster with Central Market located on Lamar.  It was much less expensive than we expected for what we are getting and I felt comfortable with her because of all of the rave reviews for her on the board.
    Posted by Future Ramsey[/QUOTE]

<div>We aso went with Donna at Central Market. The price was right, the appointment was 30 minutes, and the flowers turned out way better than I even expected. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't agree more. I haven't gotten married yet to speak for the flowers... however, Donna at Central Market has been awesome to work with. The appointment was precise and easy and the pricing was great.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards