August 2012 Weddings
Options

VENT!

Soooo I had plans to go with my 2 bridesmaids and my mom to look at dresses today - it's been a long time coming and this was one day that worked for everyone.

Then - it snowed :( Only supposed to get 3-5 inches but that's a lot for NYC especially since it's the first snowfall of winter really (minus the freak Halloween storm we had).

Anyway, now we're not going and I have to reschedule our 2 appts :(

Sorry, had to vent to someone - FI just doesn't get it! 
---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: VENT!

• Options
    This was totally me on Tuesday!!  I have 6 bridesmaids & 4 are friends so I was trying to get that group to go together.  The shop books about 2 weeks out for the week and longer for a Saturday.  Three live over an hour away and everyone could go.  Well, it snows that morning and I get a message from the bridal shop that they're closing.  Total over-reaction!!  I drove home from work with zero issues and my girls with the long drive all said they had still planned to come since the snow stopped so early.  I was so upset, especially when the store said we couldn't get in for another 2 weeks.  I did luck out when they had a cancellation and we got in Thursday and 3 were able to make it.  I totally get your vent!!  One thing that you could do in the meantime is stop in a shop to look at selections to get an idea of what you want, or look online.  It's helpful to walk into a shop with somewhat of a vision.  I had the designer picked out and it helped narrow things down.  Most bridal shops that are appointment only let you browse at their selection because you don't need a fitting room (reason for appts).

Good luck when it does work out!!
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    Boooo snow! I was just thinking how I had to go these last two weekends with my BMs to try on dresses, and thank goodness the weather didn't act up.

I did go twice because I went with my sisters when they could go, and my local friends when they could go. Maybe you could go twice? I got to give each girl more attention this way, though my BMs are not wearing the same dress so it is a different situation...

Boo snow!
  • Options
    I hear you!!! NJ is a snowy mess!!! It's ok... everything will work out :)  Just go on Pinterest like me - hahaha
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @ rungirl--What are you having your bridesmaids wear??! I dig your inspiration pic!
  • Options
    Awe I am sorry! I am from MN and we got like our first big snowfall here too. And it does mess with people plans. Hopefully something will work out soon!
  • Options
    oh !! I'm sorry I hope that you can reschedule soon!
    I know how you feel I was so excited to register that I couldn't SLEEP friday night, then on saturday we went to the place but had to leave early because the snow was so bad. it wsa a white out on the highway. And fiance was mad that we were out driving, just so we could register.. but I was just so excited!-
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Hope you get to go soon! I hate when the weather makes you have to cancel your plans.
    I had to pick my dress up 2 hours away from where I live and was afraid I couldn't get to it soon enough, I only had a month to pick it up and could only go on the weekends. My one bridesmaid told me she couldn't make it a certain weekend. Well, that was the only weekend that looked like it was going to be good weather, so I called her to tell her I was going to pick it up and that I understood if she couldn't make it. Well, she told me that was okay because all she was going to do was go to a yoga open house where she takes yoga. I wanted so bad to say "are you freaking kidding me!" you couldn't go because of an open house!!! I could understand if she was involved and helping out with the open house, but she wasn't she just wanted to go! She did end up being able to come, but it still made me a little up set that that was her whole reason WHY she couldn't go that day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards