Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Post-wedding portrait?

I just got married on Saturday, and everything was beautiful. My one regret? I got no portrait-type shots of me in my dress. My photog was a photojournalist who got tons of great shots of the action going on during the wedding and reception, as well as all of the people who were there. But everything was just so hectic, and asking him to take classic bridal portrait-type shots just flew out of my mind. (We had our reception right after the ceremony, and at the same place, so there was no long "photo break.")

I got the pictures transferred to my computer the day after, and didn't even notice the absence of portrait shots until I saw someone else's on Facebook and wished I had some. Especially since the dress is so gorgeous, so expensive, fits me so well, and I will never wear it again.

My husband thinks that I should make an appointment to go to a studio and have some formal portraits taken of me in the dress while I still look the same. Has anyone else done this after the wedding? I'm not looking to "re-enact" anything, though I would like to have my hair and makeup done the same way I did at my wedding. I just want some really nice portrait-quality pictures of my dress, my train, my veil, and me as a beautiful bride.

Re: Post-wedding portrait?

• It's actually pretty popular in the south to have bridal portraits done.  I say do it if you want the pictures!
  • I agree with navy. I had my bridal portraits made last month (couple months before the wedding), but you could certainly do some now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards