Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

bridal party dance

We are trying to come up with a song for the bridal party to dance to, but it is making our heads hurt looking at all these different websites. Any suggestions? Thank you!Smile
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: bridal party dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Will they be dancing as couples or will they be dancing as a group?  If coupled, will they be dancing with their SOs or with each other?  Just trying to get an idea as to the tempo and vibe you're looking for.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just want to get all the Bridal party on the dance floor together. Kinda slow. They are just going to dance with eachother not SO
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-dance-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:7ea5e602-d3e7-4998-ac33-3ec6dac9eabdPost:a72ff1f7-8caa-4546-acc5-d861b34e0017">Re: bridal party dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please skip the bridal party dance. As someone who has participated in them before, I give you the advice of just not doing it. Unless the person you are paired with happens to be your best friend or significant other, they are totally awkward. And as a guest, it's just one more dance to watch instead of participate in. Do your first dance, parent dances, and then open the floor to all guests. Trust me, your bridal party will thank you for dropping this dance.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I agree.  If you MUST do a bridal party dance, let them dance with their dates and don't make them dance with each other.  I'd be so uncomfortable as a BM if I had to slow dance with some guy I'd never met while H watched.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-dance-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:7ea5e602-d3e7-4998-ac33-3ec6dac9eabdPost:a72ff1f7-8caa-4546-acc5-d861b34e0017">Re: bridal party dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please skip the bridal party dance. As someone who has participated in them before, I give you the advice of just not doing it. Unless the person you are paired with happens to be your best friend or significant other, they are totally awkward. And as a guest, it's just one more dance to watch instead of participate in. Do your first dance, parent dances, and then open the floor to all guests. Trust me, your bridal party will thank you for dropping this dance.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I agree! We are skipping the bridal dance as well.
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Kacie209Kacie209 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The last wedding I was in, we had a birdal dance... and although it wasn't too awkward since we all of us bridemaids semi-knew the groomsmen, we made the best of it.  But I can see it being weird if you had never met the person that you walked down the aisle with.  I know that at the time, the guy I was dating was my date for the weddding and I don't think he was too thrilled that I was dancing with someone he didn't know... but nothing I could do. I am debating having this, or just making it an uptempo song so that everyone can just jam out instead of slow-dancing. And then maybe half-way through it, inviting others to join.
  • Options
    rkatz8rkatz8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with the other girls too! i would encourage the groomsmen to ask the bridesmaids to dance, esp. the ones who are not with dates. but having everyone watching is really embarassing!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bad news bears.  I was forced to partake in one of these last summer.  I still get goosebumps thinking about how awkward and annoying it was.

We did however make the best of it I think.  We did the holy ghost dance (you know, straight arms, no touching room for the holy ghost 8th grade style) and obviously didn't look eachother in the eye as a joke (every couple did it... all 9 of them).  I think it kind of bothered the bride but it made it more bearable.  Hehe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards