Chit Chat
Options

Stay Safe East Coast Knotties

The lights flickered here once already.  To any knotties near me who need to cross the Delaware for some reason, all of the bridges between Phily and NJ have restricted travel and will be closed to all traffic when these winds hit 50 mph. 
Proud to be an old married hag!! image

Re: Stay Safe East Coast Knotties

• Options
    It's windy and drizzling rain here.  I hope the power holds out all day.  My dh is working from home and needs the internet for work.  
  • Options
    We just got notice that we are once again in the voluntary evacuation zone. We are sticking it out because we live on the 3rd floor. I just hope the power stays on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, be safe!!! And I know there are a couple of weddings this weekend for our Knotties, too. Keep us updated, and try to stay calm!

Here's a neat site of a picture every 60 seconds:
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/10/28/nyregion/nyt-webcam.html?hp
  • Options
    I'm snuggled up at BFs, so hopefully we'll be okay.  It was starting to get gusty a little bit ago - we had to go move his roommate's car out of a storm surge zone at the airport.  His flight home got cancelled, so he's flying in to Charlotte tonight and renting a car to drive home.  I'm hoping the power stays on - last outage we were out for a week :/
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_stay-safe-east-coast-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:90214bce-9480-489d-9260-013372b35bbbPost:899a67f0-f6e8-4146-b333-c92262f73c2c">Re: Stay Safe East Coast Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our area isn't prone to flooding, and the power is all underground in our community. As long as the pumping station doesn't lose power and the transformer down the street doesn't blow--we're golden. If that all happens, our friends across the street have a propane generator. Here's hoping this storm blows over (pun intended) without incident. So far it's just a lot of rain and some moderate winds.
    Posted by von1976[/QUOTE]

Be sure to fill a bathtub with water.  You might need this in order to keep using the toilet.  We are only getting the outerbands of the weather right now. 
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_stay-safe-east-coast-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:90214bce-9480-489d-9260-013372b35bbbPost:917f1b21-364d-46d1-a2db-8e0bb504be66">Re: Stay Safe East Coast Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay Safe East Coast Knotties : Do you know if Galloway, NJ (near Atlatic City) is still on a coluntary evacuation zone or does everyone have to leave? My cousin lives there and I sent him a text to see how he is doing and haven't heard! He maybe busy packing and/or driving.
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

Theirs is mandatory.  Some parts in my town are also mandatory.

• Options
    I pray you are all okay during this hurricane. I'm from Alabama, so I'm used to them and tornado's. I will say do fill up your bath tub and both sinks for washing and toilet use. Also, make sandwiches and drinks ahead of time that way it will be readily available. Keep warm and have plenty of candles, flashlights, and lighters! And stay safe ladies! With Love, From Birmingham, Alabama!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The rain and wind have picked up here.  
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Stay Safe East Coast Knotties:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stay Safe East Coast Knotties:In Response to Re: Stay Safe East Coast Knotties : Do you know if Galloway, NJ near Atlatic City is still on a coluntary evacuation zone or does everyone have to leave? My cousin lives there and I sent him a text to see how he is doing and haven't heard! He maybe busy packing and/or driving.Posted by snippet17Theirs is mandatory.nbsp; Some parts in my town are also mandatory. Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

I live in Galloway. No, it's not mandatory.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stay safe ladies!  I'm waiting for FI to come home with some more food.  I'm way out wes of Sally's main patht, but we have had rain all day- and with all the rain we've had in Western NY flooding is bad.... and I live right next to a creek.  Anyone know how things are in Rhode Island?  I have family out there :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's starting to get scary here.

• Options
    Well, we still have power and internet and running water and the waters are receding...all things considered, I think our new apartment has done good in our first month. Hope everyone else rode out the storm safely.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FI's parents live in Tribeca and lost power a bit ago. His dad said, "Welp, I'm gonna take the dog for a walk." Le sigh. His dad is 68, owns his own law firm in midtown and is planning to bike to work tomorrow. 

FI just realized he stored all of his comics and books (he has an unreasonable amount) in his parents' basement storage unit, so now he's panicking that everything is ruined, but the power is out so his family can't go check. I think they're probably fine because they're 6 feet above ground in the basement but who knows. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards