Destination Weddings Discussions

Best places to elope??

My FI and I are planning on eloping sometime this year. We want to go somewhere tropical with an georgeous beach and preferably out of the country. I've been doing some reading and realized that there are many "rules" to eloping outside the country which just means more stress!
Anyone know of some beautiful places to elope stress free??

Re: Best places to elope??

• I had a cousin elope in St. Thomas recently. She absolutely loved and she says the process was extremely easy since it's part of the US Virgin Islands. 

I was going to elope in Barbados. But now we are having a private legal ceremony at hour home with the just of two us, having the wedding in Bahamas, and honeymooning in Barbados. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you know who yout cousin worked with for her elopement? I would really appreciate the info, thanks :)
  • If you look at Jamaica you have to be there for 48 hours before you can get married.  Alot of the resorts really help you with the perping of the marriage documents and you can always consult a travel agent
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lots of us use Beach Bum Vacations...they are pretty great at helping you narrow down to the location/resort of your choice by giving you a questionnaire.  You just tell them what you are looking for and they will help you find it! Best of all, they do not charge for their services!  Good Luck and congratulations!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mexico isn't too bad either. We're doing the legal stuff at home too, but I know it would have been relatively easy to do it legally there. The residency requirement is slightly longer than Jamaica (I think like, 3 or 4 days) and they require a blood test, but I know if we'd wanted to do a legal ceremony there the resort would have helped us meet all the requirements. 

It's definitely not the easiest, but it's not that complicated either, and any resort should walk you through the steps. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards