• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Missouri-St Louis

Hair/Makeup Questions

Firstly, I was curious on how much these services should cost.  I know they are bound to vary greatly on both ends, but what is the general range I am looking at here?  Is the cost for bridesmaid services less than that for the bride?  If any of you are comfortble, can you share with me what these services cost you?

Secondly, I would love to hear if anyone has any experience (both positive and negative) with local (St. Louis area) hair or makeup or both.  I love the idea of having people come to me, but I am not opposed to going to a salon!

Lastly, how far out did you schedule your trials?  Did any of you have hair/makeup trials at multiple places?

I would really appreciate ANY feedback you ladies have.  

Thanks,

Amanda
543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n

Re: Hair/Makeup Questions

• I went to my normal stylist (Debby at Salon Genesis in Des Peres) for my wedding day hair (and trial).  I think she was $75ish for the style, and the same for the trial, which is very reasonable considering the difficulty and time investment of the style.

My trial was 6 weeks before my wedding.  

I had makeup trials done at Sephora and MAC (Galleria and Frontenac) and decided which elements I wanted from each trial, then purchased those products.  I did my own makeup the day of my wedding because I wanted to have absolute control the day of.  It worked out really well.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • auriannaaurianna member
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited July 2012
    I had my hair and makeup done by Amanda Willson at Infinite Beauty in Creve Coeur.
    I liked her so much she's my regular stylist now.

My mom ended up paying for my hair and makeup so I don't have every detail I wished I did, but here's what I know:

She has a bridal price list on her website. She travels to you the day-of, so I'm assuming travel fee is included
    Bridal Hair (includes veil & ornament placing, extensions by request) - $90
    Bridal Party Hair - $70
    Makeup - $60
    Lash application - $10

I know she does airbrushing. Don't know if that's extra.
    She does charge for the trials too, but I don't know how much.

She's a doll though, and I did not have a hair out of place all night.

EDIT:
    Oh and I'm a procrastinator. I don't think we did trials much more than two weeks before the wedding.
  • I used Natalie Reed from Hair Perceptions and Design.  It was $85 for both my hair and makeup the day of and my trial was $30.  She did a spectacular job, she is so easy to work with, and her prices cannot be beat!
  • There is a girl in south city at Artisan Salon, you should totally check her out, I got her info from my neighborhood list serve. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards