DC
Options

DOC - Worth it?

I'm thinking about getting a DOC for my April 2011 wedding in Northern Virginia. What experiences have people had?

Re: DOC - Worth it?

• Options
    mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually interviewing DOC right now, in fact. So I would be interested in hearing people's opinions and comments. I, too, am looking to pay the same.

So far, all my friends--including one who got married two weeks ago--recommended getting a day of coordinator.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married on 8/7.  We had a DOC.  She was wonderful. I love her. She fit right in with us - our style, our needs, everything.   She kept the catering staff in check for me (apparently there were issues with kids meals, the vegan meals and the vendor meals)  I didn't have to worry about any of it.   She was also our officiant too. (it was just a civil ceremony- not a religious one) 
    She was well worth the money. 

Her name is Suzanne Fox.  I think the website is YourWeddingLegacy.com or something like that.   I can look up her number if you need me too.

I plan to do a full vendor review of all my vendors soon.  (I am just starting back to work from the honeymoon, so it may take me a week or two)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally worth it ladies.  I'm using Embellished Affairs out of VA for my 9/11/2010 wedding in MD and they have been heaven sent so far.  I totally lucked up with them.  What I will say is don't pay more then $700 for a DOC.  As for what questions you should ask, they will ask most of the questions because they're also trying to get a feel for what they have to do and the typr of wedding you want to have. 
    Good Luck ladies and happy planning.
  • Options
    saylorandtobysaylorandtoby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES!!! Best vendor we had! We used Heidi with entertainme-de.com and loved her!
  • Options
    carleton2004carleton2004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone! I've set up appointments with two companies and talked the FI into it. :-)
  • Options
    razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES - definitely worth it.  I did all of the planning, and didn't need help with finding vendors.  However, it was nice to know that my job was just to have fun on the day of my wedding.  In fact, my DOC's stepped in a month before to help us figure out the timeline and wedding weekend logistics.  Plus they led the rehearsal and brought all the gifts back to the hotel - to my parents after the wedding.  They came on the Wedding Day before all the vendors to check everyone in, and were the last ones to leave making sure we got everything back and all of the vendors left in a timely manner. 

I used Graceful Weddings and would recommend, you get two for the price of one and it was money well spent: http://www.graceful-weddings.com/about/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    recommedation for two wedding belles!  www.twoweddingbelles.com
  • Options
    jessie382jessie382 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is definitely worth it! My best friend had one, and she was great! Just make sure to write in complete and full detail all of your instructions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards