Favors

Apples and Peaches for a GA/NY wedding

Hey everyone, we're really stuck on favor ideas. My FI is from GA and I am from NY, so we wanted to incorporate peaches and apples somehow. We are getting married in Baltimore next August, and all of our guests are out of town (including us) and some will be flying. ANY ideas on favors would be sooooooooooo helpful at this point!

Thank you!! Laughing

Re: Apples and Peaches for a GA/NY wedding

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like the apples and peaches idea.  Since you're getting married in Baltimore, I'd probably put an artificial Black Eyed Susan with them also. (My florist is working hard trying to figure out a way to keep the real ones alive since they aren't a flower meant to be cut).

AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Pie fillling?  Peach and apple are both very popular flavors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eandringaeandringa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you could make jam
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Just remember that whatever you give them, if they are all from out of town, they will have to carry them home.  You could try a mix of apple and peach jelly belly's...lighter and smaller and unbreakable!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww...FI and I are the same, he's from ATL and Im from NYC...
    we incorporated our states with signatures drinks, and our cake will have both of our skylines on it. Good luck with finding favor Ideas, I was thinking of pie lollipops, maybe some apple pie and some peach cobbler. Or the pies in a jar, that is if you have time.
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with muffinsmom.  Think something that they would be able to eat soon, or easily travel with.  The peach and apple jelly belly's are a cute idea.  Or maybe mini pies for people, and you could do apple and peach, and alternate them.  Or have them on a table for people to choose from.  I've seen like 2" pies or something similar. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great ideas so far ladies!!! My FI and I are tossing around the idea of making our own Peach Jam and Apple Butter, but as PP's said I am worried about them having to travel with them. The Jelly Belly idea is super cute though!!! Thanks ladies!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think a homemade gift is lovely: traveling with a small glass jar of jam is not too hard. You can also decorate it to match your theme. Another cool option is to find a local company that will make caramel apples for you, with local apples. I've made caramel apples for brides before (I'm a chocolatier) and I always use apples from a nearby orchard. It's always really appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards