Oregon

So Stoked!!! Another project DUNZO!!! PIP

Nope, not the invitations.  Although, those are technically done as of last night as well.  Fiance just has to take them to the post office now.  Pretty stoked on that as well.

But I got another project done for my bridesmaids gifts... and I got my hair piece done as well!  I'm really pleased with how these turned out.

I'm not planning on wearing a veil, but I wanted to wear something in my hair with some pizazz... I've looked online at hair fascinators and nothing really caught my fancy so I decided I would just make my own.

I've also made matching fascinators for my bridesmaids:

I have one to make for my jr. bridesmaid and one for the flower girl and then I'm all done with those... and will be moving on to my bouts for the guys.  I'm really pleased with how these turned out...

/end bragfest

But seriously, so stoked to have yet another DIY project marked off the list.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Re: So Stoked!!! Another project DUNZO!!! PIP

• edited December 2011
    Those turned out great! You should be proud of yourself, I especially love the first one (I'm assuming yours.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Yes indeedy, the first one is mine. 

I'm really stoked on how pretty it looks when on.  I couldn't get a good picture last night so I gave up. haha 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • danibrunodanibruno member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kizat, I love those!!  Are the flowers silk? Where did you get your supplies?
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So jealous! I have no idea what to do for my hair. I like my veil, but I plan to take it out for the reception.  I want some pizazz too! I just don't think a huge hydrangea would tie in well lol!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Love them! I may do something like that with my hair - I've got super short hair and not into a veil. Right now I got two headbands I'm gonna use with pearls and CZs alternating. Super glitzy and pretty!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_stoked-another-project-dunzo-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:6cd6df11-e56c-448d-b337-dec5d01edb97Post:cb380d6e-35cf-40d5-a7c9-6949582db77c">Re: So Stoked!!! Another project DUNZO!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kizat, I love those!!  Are the flowers silk? Where did you get your supplies?
    Posted by danibruno[/QUOTE]

For the white one which is mine, I actually made the white part of the flower and used a silk flower inbetween the layers... To make the flower, I actually used dollar tree "flower girl petals" and hot glue. (if I were to do this again, I"d probably go with my craft glue next time as the hot glue was... too hot. haha) and then I have a buttload of feathers from crafting and I"m not sure where I got any of them at this point.  Probably Michaels or Joann's or Ebay.  The broach was bought from Sears in the hopes of making a bracelet with it, but I couldn't make it work.  I'm not sure how it found it's home in the center there, but I"m glad it did. hahaha.

The bridesmaids are all made with silk flowers that have been murdered.  I have silk flower guts all over the place right now.  It was a lot of layering, unlayering and starting over, muttering and swearing, and finally just letting the glue win. haha. 

I used all sorts of different barrettes and combs depending on who was getting it.

All the flowers (with the exception of my home made one from the dollar tree) were bought at Howell's in Portland.  One of my secret craft stores...

I've been making fascinators for a while now, and not to toot my own horn or anything, I'm thinking these are my best by far.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_stoked-another-project-dunzo-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:6cd6df11-e56c-448d-b337-dec5d01edb97Post:263d591b-90fb-4e30-8e6c-f193f8ee251b">Re: So Stoked!!! Another project DUNZO!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE] I've been making fascinators for a while now, and not to toot my own horn or anything, I'm thinking these are my best by far.
    Posted by kizat[/QUOTE]

Toot away friend, they're gorgeous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Carabear1985Carabear1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow you have quite a talent! So cute! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies. :) One of my bridesmaids came to visit me this weekend and she loves them.  She's stoked on it. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards