September 2013 Weddings

Talk Big Thursdays

Hey guys! I'm back! I missed you all so much! Looks like there have been some good discussions going on. I got mostly caught up last night, but I am still majorly recovering from my trip... Which is my AW this week. We took an amazing roadtrip from Michigan to Texas, stopping in Nashville, Ft. Worth, Memphis, and Indy along the way. The best part is that, even after 42 hours in the car together, FI and I are still engaged! Hah!

Seriously though, we had so much fun, just the two of us, exploring the cities and checking out tons of bars, restaurants, and lots of other sights across the country. Thanks so much for all of your suggestions and recommendations! Such a great time.

So what's new with all of you? What do you have to AW about this week?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Talk Big Thursdays

• I'm still on vacation which is going great!! but i just wanted to come and say i'm SO EXCITED because today marks ONE YEAR until my wedding!!!!! I even picked up some champagne for me and FI tonight! Off to the beach I go! Enjoy the rest of your week ladies!

PS - this is jpines but I changed my username
  • edited September 2012
    Glad you enjoyed your trip!!

My AW this week is my wedding dress.  I found it on a whim on Friday night, got my mom and girls together last night to see it and placed my order.  My consultant was awesome, showing my second choice before completely dolling me up in the real contender, and the moment they walked into the room I could tell I had a winner.  FSIL actually got the chills, which I took in a good way lol, and my younger sister was speechless -that just doesn't happen :).

I looked freaking amazing and I can't wait til spring 2013 to see the real thing, and fall 2013 when I REALLY get to rock it!!!!  FI wants to see it, at least a stock photo, but I'm not giving an inch.  His expression when I hit the sand is going to be absolutely priceless <3<3<3
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-thursdays-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:1bb67c3b-aa3c-45ff-86b6-c6982e369a14Post:4687f760-7a4e-4444-8a9c-6d14a6a2500f">Re: Talk Big Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still on vacation which is going great!! but i just wanted to come and say i'm SO EXCITED because <strong>today marks ONE YEAR until my wedding!!!!!</strong> I even picked up some champagne for me and FI tonight! Off to the beach I go! Enjoy the rest of your week ladies! PS - this is jpines but I changed my username
    Posted by jessica2244[/QUOTE]

I'm excited for you!!  This next year (plus 3 wks for me lol) is going to fly by!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • I'm nearly done with our wedding website and it looks awesome!  I built it in a bunch of different wedding site creators but just wasn't happy with it.  I switched over to blogger and now I have an awesome site that's nearly done that will cost just the price of the custom domain!  Yay!
  • mpi - welcome back!

last night was the first night in almost 2 weeks FI and I have had dinner together at home.  It was really nice! :)  We have been so crazy busy lately it was nice to just be together, alone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a first time Aunt!!! I'm so excited and so in love with my new little nephew who was born last week. We saw him Friday and are going to see him again on Saturday. My FI and I are a super spoiling Aunt and Uncle and have been buying all kinds of gifts for him. 
    And I'm going to be an Aunt again in March which I am also super excited about as my brother and SIL have been trying for a while and are finally pregnant! I'm so happy for them!

1 year + 1 week to my "one year out" and we will be spending it in Venice Italy. I'm so ready for a vacation! We leave on Wednesday for a 10 trip around Italy.

Its been such a great few weeks! I'm so grateful and happy Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HHF congrats on being an auntie!  It really is such an exciting time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    I dont really have much...this week has been a LONG (short) week.  Close to the one yr mark and starting to feel the presure....good news and Aww...I have everything planned out pretty much on paper...now just getting things done. 

Welcome back Mpickl!  I tried to keep up on things while you were gone...

Congrats on finding a dress again Tay that is AWESOME! 

Boston...Care to share?!?  Would love to see it. 

HH Congrats!!!  Enjoy and spoil away that is what Aunts are for! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi my name is Kristen. I am new to this board. I just started officially planning and I am getting really excited because I have a ceremony venue (our church) and pastor, I will be going to a tasting for the one caterer I am certain we will be booking on the 27th of this month and on the 28th it will be ONE year until our wedding and at that point I can book our reception venue which I am just in love with!!! Finally feeling like this is really going to happen! I have been asked for the past 2 and a half years "How are the wedding plans coming?' NOW I have an answer! :) 

February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on finding the dress Tay!
    HHF-That's so exciting!  I'm probably going to be the first to have kids since I'm the oldest, but when/if my sister has kids, I'm going to spoil them rotten!
    Welcome to September 2013 board, greeneyes (aka Kristen)!

One year to the wedding for me :)  Our 5 year dating anniversary is Sun. Don't know if we're really doing anything for it, but FI finally bought me a spice rack so I've been hanging out in the kitchen.  Last night was homemade creamy roasted red pepper pasta...don't know if I can top that tonight.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-thursdays-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:1bb67c3b-aa3c-45ff-86b6-c6982e369a14Post:982bf9aa-44a6-4a3d-9941-623c1b23a102">Re: Talk Big Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome back Mpickl!  I tried to keep up on things while you were gone...
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, Mandi, you did great, as did everyone else who helped keep the discussions going! I know it's been said a lot, but we really have a great community here! Happy to be a part of it.</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards