Attire & Accessories Forum

Groom's suit different than groomsmen suits?

My bride-to-be and I have decided to go with suits instead of tuxes
for the wedding.  In order to keep costs low, we are expecting that my
groomsmen will rent suits.  However, I would like to get a custom suit
because I'm an attorney and expect to be able to get significant
mileage out of the suits.  Is it okay for me to wear a different suit
than my groomsmen? I expect that the color and fabric would match, but
there may be slight differences.

Re: Groom's suit different than groomsmen suits?

• The groom is often distinguished by either a different tux/suit, different vest, different flower, etc., so I feel that it is very acceptable to have a different suit, as the groom.

Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Check out the wedding party at the bottom of this picture. The groom is in a darker gray (charcoal maybe?) suit than his guys. I think it looks great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If the color is the same (i.e. black) then no one will even notice.  If your GM have their own suits in the color you want, think about letting them wear their own.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited March 2012
    I specifically asked my groom to pick something slightly difference then his GM.. I think it will look great as long as it's not VERY different from theirs.
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got my groom a custom black suit as he's always wanted one.  His groomsmen will be in rented black suits.  They'll match well enough.  The main difference will be my groom's suit having a better fit.  :)
  • Totally acceptable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's fine for the groom to be different
  • Our wedding is this May and my fiance and his groomsmen and my dad all bought suits, Jos. A. Banks has amazing deals. He and my dad are in black suits, and his groomsmen are in charcoal. I love the idea of him and my dad being different, because honestly they are. They are being celebrated not the groomsmen. 
    Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards