Illinois-Chicago
Options

rehearsal dinner question

my parents are hosting my brothers rehearsal luncheon. Are they supposed to send out invites? She asked me and I drew a big question mark in my mind!

Re: rehearsal dinner question

• Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent out invites (but via email) for our rehearsal dinner. It was a little for the fact that we wanted everyone to know the details in a somewhat formal manner instead of just a phone call and because we would like to know if everyone was planning on coming to the dinner.
  • Options
    peeweea213peeweea213 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My FI's parents are hosting and we are sending them out because it is being held on a Thursday. However even if it was on a Friday I would still send them out because I like the fomality of it.
  • Options
    WinterWed17WinterWed17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we'll be doing emails too. I can't handle any more paper projects at this point.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to send out invitations because most of my family is still living in 1992 and they do not have email.  Also, my future SIL (who is also my MOH) makes amazing cards and invites and she begged me to give her a project.  I was more than happy to oblige her with this one;).
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got a paper invite in the mail for the rehearsal dinner I'm gong to next week. Not sure what we'll do when the time comes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for invitations.   We are sending them out.  If nothing else, it's so people have something concrete with time & place on it, and hopefully less people will ask YOU about it!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We sent out RHD invites as an insert in our wedding invites.

If it's going to be more casual; you could just have them send an eVite or something, but I would send something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be doing Evite. My group typically just shoots an email so an Evite would be a slight step up in formality for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards