Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

WTF

DH's office delayed their start in the morning until 10am...and nothing has even happened yet! That's nuts!

Anyone else already have weather updates?

Re: WTF

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.. thats's nice!  Although I just listened to the forecast and it sounds like it will get worse as the morning goes on before it gets better.

I'm taking my computer home so I can work there, just in case.
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing work related, but I just put 2 and 2 together - it's supposed to be AWFUL tomorrow, and we have tickets to see Cirque du Soleil.  At 8pm.  In Frisco.  Screw you, crappy weather, screw you.  We're going anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Angie - it is all supposed to be over by lunch time according to what I just listened to.   I'm sure there will still be some treacherous spots but you should be okay. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well the precip will be done by noon, but the temps are supposed to drop drastically through the day which is why it's supposed to get worse as the day goes on. The colder the roads get...the more the crap freezes up :-/

Angie, if you go just be careful and have fun! I've always wanted to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

True.

So it almost makes sense for him to go to work at normal time and leave early, instead. 

Oh well :-/

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My office already told us to watch for Plano ISD closing... if they're close, we are
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only have one class, from 3:30-5. So I'm hoping they'll just close campus after noon, or something like that. If they don't, and the roads are bad, I'm just not going to go. It's not worth risking my life! I drive over several very high bridges. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I get to go to work regardless tomorrow. My group tomorrow is staying right down the road and being bused over. I'll just take my time getting in though...
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    LLE07LLE07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for PISD and we will go to school b/c nothing will happen before school starts. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an early dismissal though!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wtf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:19904351-4fcb-4c8f-a14a-9d73ab86901aPost:4d360c1a-9607-4ba9-9575-8b5145605a12">Re: WTF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only have one class, from 3:30-5. So I'm hoping they'll just close campus after noon, or something like that. If they don't, and the roads are bad, I'm just not going to go. It's not worth risking my life! I drive over several very high bridges. 
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

I am in a similar boat: class from 1-6:45 tomorrow... and LOTS of bridges between Fort Worth & Richardson... Ugh.
    And I really can't miss... I hope then just close!
    (or I'll just have to beg the forgiveness of my professors)
  • Options
    sosie&fangmansosie&fangman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just checking online for UNT's closings. Denton County offices aer already listed as closed, but nothing in Denton...i don't want to go to class tomorrow (i have class from 2-8:50p!!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't heard anything yet.  If anything happens for tomorrow, we'll go home early. 
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wtf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:19904351-4fcb-4c8f-a14a-9d73ab86901aPost:4d360c1a-9607-4ba9-9575-8b5145605a12">Re: WTF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only have one class, from 3:30-5. <strong>So I'm hoping they'll just close campus after noon, or something like that. I</strong>f they don't, and the roads are bad, I'm just not going to go. It's not worth risking my life! I drive over several very high bridges. 
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

Don't count on it. Were you at UTA last year for the big snow storm? Yea..They definatly didn't close the school till 3:30 or 4 I think...They're ridiculous so I bet they won't .
    FI goes to TCC and he knew they'd be closed since 11!  Ugh. Idk what I'll do if they don't close!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's really not that bad.  I made it to work just fine this morning and I live pretty close to UTA.
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, they cancelled the Ovo show for tonight, so now we have to try to reschedule or something.
  • Options
    jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We didn't get the message that work would close until 5am. I could not sleep last night. I listened to ice hitting my window all night.
    I am going to see Cirque on the 13th! I can't wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards