Students

Seriously life? And HOW am I expected to stay focused on finals? (bitching)

I'm trying really hard to finish off the semester well, and I was a bit ahead going into last weekend.  Now, I'm behind and I don't know how I'm going to get back on track!

Our cat has been sick and this week we've been to the vet three times.  Tomorrow he has an ultrasound and he'll go in for his first surgery Friday or Monday.  Not only is this costing us a fortune, but it's taking up a lot of my time because he needs so much care plus driving him back and forth. 

My Fiance has had a fever of over 100 since Sunday morning but his company is switching their entire system into a new language and he's the expert who wrote the code, so he HAS to work overtime all week (he's a software engineer).  He's been getting him and falling asleep at about 8 every evening.  This means that I'm having to deal with the cat 99% of the time, including giving him all his meds throughout the day.

And... we're completely broke.  I'm not sure how we're going to pay for all this vet stuff, even with our pet insurance covering over half of it and a payment plan because I'm already having to decide which bills we're going to pay this month!

I'm exhausted and behind, like I said.  I just don't know what to do!!!  Ugh!!!!
imageimageAnniversary

Re: Seriously life? And HOW am I expected to stay focused on finals? (bitching)

• I'm sorry you're going through so much.  That stinks.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but try taking a deep breath and do your best.  It will get better.  Save where you can, and you'll get through it.
  • etieetie member
    First Comment
    OMG!  I know exactly how you feel.  I'm recently engaged and my wedding won't be for a long time, but people are already asking me questions like "what are your colors?" and "what's your song?" or "what food is going to be at the wedding?"

Part of me just wants to cruise around on theknot so I can make up my mind.  The other wants to ace my finals....so, yeah.  I TOTALLY hear you.
  • im really sorry. i know how you feel. during my finals... my friend Chris died, and my best friend kim was told her cancer has gotten so bad that she has 3 months to live. and my baby has her first ear infection... talk about no sleep!!

they best thing to do is push through, beathe, drink a lot of wine, and know that the finals week will be over shortly!! much love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards