Connecticut

Show me your gown!!

I'm going to look the Saturday after Easter and I'm curious what everyone is going to walk down the aisle in (or what you already have). Post a pic of your gown and let me know where you purchased it (if you don't mind). 

Thanks!! :)

Re: Show me your gown!!

• edited March 2012
    Fun! I found my dress at Classic Brides by Eva in Stratford. I highly recommend them!! CLICK 

The pic below is me in the dress. They are going to make it into a sweetheart neckline. I have my first fitting scheduled for next Sunday, so excited!!

imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay I love bragging about my gown! Haha. I am really in love with it. Dress shopping was my favorite part of planning. I'm also a big fan of the bridal shop where I got it - Michele Bridal Boutique in Westbrook (it is located in the Shops at Water's Edge). If you go there, ask for Krista, She has been awesome to work with. Michele Bridal wasn't the fanciest, most upscale store that I visitied, and it didn't have the widest selection, but in the end, their customer service won me over...and also, I just happened to find "the one" at Michele. It's an Enzoani dress, and I really love that line. Michele carries a lot of Enzoani.

I also visited Mariella's and White Dress by the Shore. Mariella's has a huge selection but I didn't fall in love with anything there, and I also felt a little rushed. Wasn't my favorite shopping experience, but it wasn't horrible. Some people LOVE Mariella's. My sister got her gown there...I think it is hit or miss. As for White Dress (it's in Clinton) - they have amazing customer service and some beautiful things. Smaller selection, higher price point - they start around $2500. But for me, it was worth going there, just for the fact that they really make you feel like a princess :)

This is mine (excuse my goofy face in the first one). Happy shopping!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • I visited Classic Brides by Eva- a great store!- but found the one I love at Harold's in New Haven. They have a really large selection and reasonable prices. 

• Also got mine at Harolds, they have a great selection! Going back on Saturday for a fitting!

mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got mine at The White Dress by The Shore. It's the Modern Trousseau Cara dress. It was the only shop I went to and it was actually the first dress  I tried on, though I did try on more after. I loved my experience at The White Dress - amazing service!

• SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    I went to 2 shops, The Wedding Dress in Portland, CT and Mariella's.  The dress I chose (below) I found at The Wedding Dress but was with a friend and I really needed my mom and sister to see me in it.  The day after I was the The Wedding Dress my mom sister and I had an appointment for Mariella's.  I tried on about 10 gowns there, found one I liked, but was still leaning towards the other one.  Called The Wedding Dress as soon as we left Mariella's and luckily they had an open spot so we headed over.  I put the dress on and knew it was mine.  It's an Essence of Australia (D1181), but the photo on the website does not do the dress justice at all!  Overall I had a great shopping experience.  The Wedding Dress was so wonderful, I was helped by Lisa and she actually pulled the dress I ended up choosing for me to try on because I was feeling lost and had only picked out 3 to try on initially.  They are a small shop, but still have a good selection to choose from.  Mariella's was nice too, I think the issue is that everything I wanted to try on was out of my price range and the dresses I tried on within my price range (up to $1500) didn't wow me.  Good luck and hope you have a great experience!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I bought mine in Miami, so I'm no help on stores.  But mine is Pronovias Alcanar, and I absolutely adore it!  I'm wearing a pink flower sash, which isn't pictured:

It's a ballgown lace & tulle dress - the bodice is a sweetheart strapless with lace all over, and the lace trickles down into the tulle.  It's so flattering on my hips and waist, and then drapes into a dramatic ballgown.  I just love it so much!

Anniversary

• My dress is from Mariella's...I had a great experience there but I know some people on the boards haven't.  I also looked at White Dress by the Shore but felt the dresses weren't really me and they were more than I wanted to spend.  I loved The Wedding Dress in Portland- they had great dresses all in my price range.  My dress Adorae by Sottero & Midgley.

• thehologramstheholograms member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Went to White Dress by the Shore - their customer service is amazing, but pricey. I went to Stylish Impressions, also good customer services, better prices, but didn't see anything I liked. Finally, got my dress at Camille's in West Hartford. They were amazing there, but they are pricey. It was more than I was planning on spending (now I know why people tell you not to try on dresses outside your price range), but I'm in love!

(FYI had a good experience at Mariella's with my BM's - they got their dresses there)

• I also wanted to mention that The Wedding Dress is very affordable.  When Lisa brought in the dress I ended up choosing my friend I wast with quickly piped in to make sure it was in my budget and not some $5,000 dress.  Lisa laughed and said, we don't have anything that even comes close to that in the shop.  So, if you're on a budget there isn't any worries about trying on something that you def won't be able to afford.  I should also mention a great thing about the designer of my dress (Essence of Australia) is that when the dress is ordered you can specify a custom hem.  This is going to save me a boatload on alterations because I'll be getting a dress that is already the right length!  The dress I liked at Mariella's did not have this option, and the women told me my alterations would probably run as much as $300, because of the need to have them hem it.  Since my dress is coming already hemmed, Lisa at the Wedding Dress estimated alterations should be no more than $100, which is pretty great.

•  

I got my dress at Mariella's.  I LOVE them and have no complaints!  It's a bit tight (as you can see by the mirror in the 2nd pic) but Mariella was so sweet about it.  She remeasured me to make sure that it wasn't made incorrectly.  I did put on a little winter weight so she just told me to come back in May.  My wedding is at the end of June so by then I should lose that little bit of weight.  The length is also perfect because it was custom made to my height so hopefully I won't need other alterations.  By the way, it's by Casablanca and definitely in my price range...actually cheaper than I expected.
  • I got my dress at Marie Antionette in Derby however, I love Brides by Eva... we are getting the bridesmaid, flowergirl, and mother of the bride dresses at Eva's... All alterations are free...

Heres my dress... I don't have a pic of me in it because unfortunetly my phone didnt save it. Mine's going to also be made into a sweetheart neckline

• I got my dress at some crappy store in Wallingford only because I fell in love with a discontinued dress but Eva altered it for me and her salon is AMAZING!!!

Mine was a Maggie Sottero:

(So I don't get sued--- Photos taken by crappy photographer Val McCormick)
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • All of your dresses are so pretty!! Thanks so much for sharing.  I am actually thinking of going to Eva's as I know she is within my budget and does great work (many family members got their dresses there).   I'm just concerned I might not find what I want there. I'm looking for something very fitted or sheath like (or so I think now, I know that can change when I actually try dresss on). I am also thinking of going to Harold's.  Thanks again, I will keep you all updated! :)
  • Hey! I went to Alfred Angelo! i did an online search and found a dress that I fell in love with but when i got there they did not have it, but I shopped anyway and ended up with a completely different dress. I love it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my dress at Mariella's. I went there on a Saturday my first time (they were having a trunk show too) and definitely felt rushed. I left there utterly disappointed.

I made another appointment to come back the next week, Thursday, and it was much better. I worked with Nella and she was incredible. I ended up with a Casablanca gown. I actually tried it on in the first appointment. Casablanca doesn't charge for hemming so it will already be hemmed for me. Since I don't "fit" into any of their sizes (they'd have to take too much in or not be able to let it out) they are custom making it for me which is less expensive than if I had it altered afterwards. Win-win!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    this is my dress! Sottero & Midgley Aurora (pic from their site) I got it at Mariella's.. Like others have said, I did feel slightly rushed, and there wasn't a very big selection at my price point. But overall, a good experience so far!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    I found my dress online after shopping at David's Bridal, Mariella's, Brides to Be and Stylish Impressions.  Once I found it online I drove to MA to see it in person.

Not sure how close you are to Farmington, but Stylish Impressions had great service and good selection too.  I wasn't rushed at all.  I went to Mariella's twice because I was considering one of their dresses, and Nella was good, but trying very hard to make the sale.

I had a great expereince buying mine online, so if you can deal with wearing a gown someone wore- try preownedweddingdresses.com or recycledbride.

Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got mine at Mariella's and it's Enzoani Blue - Belgrade. Ignore the tag on my head! lol

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards