Hawaii
Options

seeking info. re Kauai wedding locations and reccos

I would like to get more info. on weddings done in Kauai.  We are having a wedding in Nov 2010 and considering Plantation Gardens or the Marriott Resort garden or a beach wedding.  Please share details on your wedding location in Kauai, and your reception location, etc.  We have a small party of 6 family members going to Kauai for the wedding.Did you get a planner or do it yourself?  What vendors do you recco?  Thanks so much for the quick and helpful responses.

Re: seeking info. re Kauai wedding locations and reccos

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just married in August at Plantations Garden.  We had 35 people attend.  It was amazing, everything was perfect, amazing food, drinks and location.   It's a few steps from a a beach, so we had great beach photos too.  Mona at PG is great to work with, we also got our wedding cake with the vendor they use and it was easily the most amazing cake I've ever hard, lots of people said the same thing. 

I had a coordinator for the ceremony piece, but she was also the photographer.  The company is called Maile Weddings, weddingsonkauai.com  We had our pictures and DVD in hand before we left the island and have received tons of compliments on our pictures.  She took care of getting chairs and flowers.  For flowers she uses Martin Roberts martinroberts.com  My bouquet was beeeeeautiful. 

If you want to see pics of anything or have questions, PM me and I can get some more info over to you.  I'm more than happy to help a possible fellow Kaua'i bride :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My I ask how long you were on the island after the wedding?  We're using Maile Weddings as well and we're having a reception upon return about 3 weeks later.  I was worried about the pictures and video making it in time.  I was curious as to how long Kay got them done for you?  Any other information about places to eat or things to do would be great! 

Thanks!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_seeking-info-re-kauai-wedding-locations-reccos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:3d58741f-e7b4-4d95-9592-84ae5f185802Post:8b482d98-1ea4-44a8-9ec4-decdb7f0bb35">Re: seeking info. re Kauai wedding locations and reccos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just married in August at Plantations Garden.  We had 35 people attend.  It was amazing, everything was perfect, amazing food, drinks and location.   It's a few steps from a a beach, so we had great beach photos too.  Mona at PG is great to work with, we also got our wedding cake with the vendor they use and it was easily the most amazing cake I've ever hard, lots of people said the same thing.  I had a coordinator for the ceremony piece, but she was also the photographer.  The company is called Maile Weddings, weddingsonkauai.com  We had our pictures and DVD in hand before we left the island and have received tons of compliments on our pictures.  She took care of getting chairs and flowers.  For flowers she uses Martin Roberts martinroberts.com  My bouquet was beeeeeautiful.  If you want to see pics of anything or have questions, PM me and I can get some more info over to you.  I'm more than happy to help a possible fellow Kaua'i bride :)
    Posted by giggler55[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We got married on Sunday and left on Wednesday.  Kaye got our pictures and DVD to us on Tuesday before we even left the island.   We were actually at Walmart and she met us there.  She was awesome, I can't even describe how much we loved working with her.  

I've been to Kauai a few times and these are the places I've loved eating at:
    * Hukilau Lanai (we had our rehearsal dinner there, everyone loved the food)
    * Duke's at the Marriott in Lihue
    * Merriman's in Poipu (awesome local ingredients, super fresh, if you like veggies, I'd get the vegetable plate)
    * Plantation Gardens (we had our wedding reception there, great food)
    * Keoki's Paradise

Activity wise, the only "planned" activity we did was a Tubing Tour through Kauai Background Adventures.  It goes through the ditches that were dug for an old sugar cane plantation, it was a good combination for the people that wanted to relax and those that wanted something more activity based. 

A bunch of the people we travelled with did a zipline tour and boat tour of the Napali coast, they said both were great.  We didn't go on those though, so I don't have any first hand experience with those.

And, finally :), if you can afford to do it, a helicopter tour is amazing.  I did it the time I was on the island before this, and I can't even describe how beautiful and amazing it was.  I wish we had the extra money this time to do this, but, maybe next time :)

Anything else, let me know, I obviously love to talk about Kaua'i and share any other knowledge I have, it's definitely my favorite island.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    dear giggler55, thanks so much for your very helpful response.  Congrats again and I'm happy to hear that everything went well for you.  Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.  I'd love to her more about your wedding experience in Kauai so if I can figure out how to send you a pm I will be in touch. :)  
    Thanks so much to everyone for the responses I have yet to receive to my inquiry.  Everyone is so helpful and willing to share.  All the best!
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards