Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Groom's tux a different color from groomsmen??

My bridesmaids are wearing yellow. I'm not sure I want black tuxes next to yellow because of the stark contrast. Someone suggested that I consider a chic gray for the groomsmen, after attending a wedding in which the groomsmen wore that and the girls wore yellow, She said it looked really classy. I really like the idea, however, I'm thinking I want the groom to wear classic black, since my dress is very elegant and it's a special day. Do you think it would look okay for the groom to have a different color than his groomsmen? Would it be weird to have them wear different colors?

Also, I did ask my fiance and he's cool with either look, so it's not like I'm just deciding what the guys will wear without asking!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Groom's tux a different color from groomsmen??

• Options
    I'm doing gray suits with canberry BM dresses and I like the more "casual" look even though my dress is fancy.  my fiance is wearing a silky white tie with a white pasiley print to make his charcol gray suit appear more "classy".  I almost did yellow too :) I wouldn't worry about your hubby-to-be matching you exactly.  Its not like his grey suit will take away from your dress!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_grooms-tux-different-color-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:73db9b06-0b51-41ab-a4a1-b55c78552f02Post:6067bdff-9bbc-48ad-adba-1c35d7aaa9b3">Re: Groom's tux a different color from groomsmen??</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is nothing "classy" about a tux in any color but black.  Suits, on the other hand, are fine in grey or navy.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

I think that some are confusing "classy" with "formal". You can definitely have a non black tux and still look very classy. The etiquette police may issue some sort of citation but you are the ultimate decision maker....My FH is wearing a charcoal grey tux and the groomens are wearing the lighter grey version of his tux. Do what makes you happy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards