October 2013 Weddings

I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!

So, I took my parents, sister who is also my Matron of Honor, Aunt, Uncle, and cousin who will be a junior bridesmaid with me to help me find my wedding gown and bridesmaid/ MOH dresses. Out DB colors are Malibu and Coral Reef. I love them! so we ended up trying on dresses for 3.5 hours, but the good thing is.... I FOUND MY DRESS! http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_AllOverLaceAlineGownwBeading9H9572_BridalGownsFeaturesAllGowns I love it cause it's different, Ivory, and matches the lace on the 90 year old crown I'm wearing with my veil. How are the rest of you ladies doing with the dress hunt?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!

• Thats great you found your dress. How exciting!  I am waiting to lose a few more pounds before I go.  I plan on going the second weekend in october.  Right now I have two designers I love.  I will prob be a Maggie bride but who knows what will happen when I actually try them on!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Yea, I'm in the process of losing weight too. I've been doing the MyFitnessPal.com calorie counter diet and LOVE it! They also have an Apple/ Android app! Have lost 9 pounds so far! I got my dress in a size that fits, but is about a size too small. They can alter your dress by taking it in up to 2 sizes, so keep that in mind too! ; Good luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dresses can be taken in more than that with a good seamstress depending on the cut. I bought a sample in the smallest size they had. The sample was so small most people couldnt fit in it so it was barely used. They're going to have to pull 4-5 inches out of the waist area for me. That is about 3 sizes but they said it wont be an issue. The nice thing about my dress is though it is a full big dress it doesnt overwhelm me. I'm a very small woman.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Klyn1983Klyn1983 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Shannie, I also thought I was going to be a Maggie bride. I went to the boutique with a certain image in mind and walked out with a completely different look. I originally wanted to have a one-shouldered poofy dress but I looked lke a cupcake LOL. 

Do you all remember those dolls that you would flip inside out and it'd turn back into a cupcake? That's what I looked like but since I'm so short(barely 5'2") it didn't look good. Would have been fine if I would have gotten high heels, but I'm clumsy and I have to walk down a staircase to get to the chapel and I'd fall on my face. 

I'm a Casablanca bride now. :) I can't wait to put that dress back on and walk down the aisle!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-found-my-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:2e1a2e26-4eb4-44c4-ac0d-9246b9f5f551Post:39c3c924-2e1a-4d5f-a514-f77f27a7c9d2">Re: I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shannie, I also thought I was going to be a Maggie bride. I went to the boutique with a certain image in mind and walked out with a completely different look. I originally wanted to have a one-shouldered poofy dress but I looked lke a cupcake LOL.  Do you all remember those dolls that you would flip inside out and it'd turn back into a cupcake? That's what I looked like but since I'm so short(barely 5'2") it didn't look good. Would have been fine if I would have gotten high heels, but I'm clumsy and I have to walk down a staircase to get to the chapel and I'd fall on my face.  <strong>I'm a Casablanca bride now. :) I can't wait to put that dress back on and walk down the aisle!!
    </strong>Posted by Klyn1983[/QUOTE]

Me too! I thought I wanted plain and simple. Tried it on and ugh! lol Mine is all lace and beads.

• Ooo what style is yours? Mine is 1992...completely different from what I wanted! I'll have 7-8 months to lose baby weight and get back into it but I have barely gained anything so far and I'm nearly halfway through the pregnancy sooo knock on wood that it's easy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2051 in Champaigne.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-found-my-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:2e1a2e26-4eb4-44c4-ac0d-9246b9f5f551Post:bbd3558e-32c2-4069-9a09-6ed41ab5ebdd">Re: I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!</a>:
    [QUOTE]2051 in Champaigne.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>Gorgeous! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CONGRATS ON FINDING THE PERFECT DRESS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards