California-Los Angeles
Options

Photographer

hey ladies, i so in need of your help. I thought i had time to book a photographer, i'm finding out that i was sooo wrong. lol since my wedding is like 6 months away. well do you guys know any good and affordable photographers in the area. I would greatly appreicate it. Thanks ladies your the best.

Re: Photographer

• Options
    HOLSTANGHOLSTANG member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Daniel Kagle- he's been awesome so far-DSKagle.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friends used Duane Peck and I believe they booked him kinda last minute too. They also said he was reasonable but not sure what that means to them. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My suggestions are: Erin & Randy of heandshephotography.com, Micah and Megan of micahdahlbergphotography.com, or Ariel and Josh of ankialondonmedia.com.HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer was affordable and he was awesome! Our pictures are beautiful, and I would totally recommend him. His website is: http://www.ericvelado.com/Not knowing your budget, here are other photogs you may want to check out who are really popular:Hazelnut PhotographyNataly LemusSarah K. ChenAileen SecordDefinately do some research because your photography is one thing you cannot do over and it's well worth it to get a really great photographer.PS. I have heard nothing but negative reviews about Bella Pictures and I would steer clear. They basically refer you to photogs who you could find yourself. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.aileensecord.com We loved her and she is VERY affordable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, you have been a huge help
  • Options
    malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we absolutely LOVED our photographer, Sarah K Chen. She not only rocked our e-photos, her blog post of our wedding was beautiful. We are awaiting our final wedding photos but she is definitely one of the most talented photos we looked into. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Craig Rucker who does the photography at the big fundraising event at my work, did the wedding for one of my colleagues and will be doing mine in March. He cut me a deal what with all the connections, but his pricing without the deal was comparable to others I'd seen. I remember thinking that Hazelnut Photography had a great website and I really wish I'd met with her, but the deal Craig cut me was too good to pass up. Without the discount, they would have been around the same price (around $2K) for the package I was looking at.
  • Options
    chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My advice to you as an already married bride:1. Ditto starsailorr26 and research, research, research. Being a first time bride, I was surprised at how fast photographers were booking too and at the 9 month mark when I started looking, I felt rushed to snap someone up before someone else did. This is my one and only regret about our wedding. Don't let your time crunch get in the way of good judgement! Had I waited, I know of at least 2 other fantastic photographers that I would have found and I wouldn't have had to live with this regret forever. 2. It's true what they say...when all is said and done, all you have left are the pictures (well, plus your wonderful husband!). This isn't a practice run, you don't get a re-do. Make sure that whoever you pick meshes with your personality AND takes great photos. Ask a million questions. Make sure that your contract is clear as day and that you will receive what you were promised. I can't recommend my wedding photographer (horrid experience) but I used Hazelnut Photography for my boudoir photos and Jordana is an angel. She's talented, sweet, and knows what customer service is. She truly went above and beyond to make sure that I was happy with my final product. Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Henri Raynaud did my wedding. He's extremely reasonable... offered 300 images on a CD so I can print them on my own as well as a 2nd photographer for wedding day and engagement pictures. His pics turned out awesome, but:1.  I felt like I didn't get as many group shots as I wanted, family pics and wedding party groups... could have been solved if I put someone (non wedding party) in charge of the "list" that I made of what I wanted. 2. I stayed on him about getting them back sooner. I waited 2 months and got them after my dad called him. I would have called him after 1 month. Other than that, it's a great deal for the price and although there are a few poses I didn't get that I wanted, I'm overall very happy with the quality.
  • Options
    blondie1390blondie1390 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sheyabelle,I noticed that your wedding is on April 26th - congrats! Where do you go to church? My husband and I grew up in Pasadena and met at Pasadena First Church of the Nazarene We also went to graduate school at Fuller Seminary in Pasadena - great town.Anyway, my husband and I are photographers in Monrovia and are would like to start doing professional wedding photography as well. For that reason, we would be willing to give you an extremely budget-friendly rate (starting at $1500 for an engagement shoot, 8 hrs on the day of the wedding, 50 professionally re-touched photos, an online photo gallery, a CD with all the w/ all of the retouched files, access to lab-quality prints for you and your friends/family, and extremely personable service). Its a win-win: you get an awesome deal, and we could add your wedding photos to our portfolio. Here's our website: www.daniellundgrenphotography.comTake Care!Megan LundgrenPS - Something that's unique about us is that we're both Marriage & Family Therapists as well, so we have a knack for setting couples at ease and capturing personalities on film.
  • Options
    scannon27scannon27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This guy is a real piece of work... I hired him to photograph my wedding, and signed a contract with him. He required a 50% deposit up front to hold the date, and I spent the months leading up to my wedding confirming with him, and even confirmed with him the morning of my wedding. A little before he was supposed to meet us at the venue, he asked what time he would be done, the times were included in our contract, and he told me he wanted to be done an hour before our time ended, because he double booked weddings that day, but he said that he would send his assistant to the other wedding and meet them there after mine was over. BUT, he didn't!!! He sent someone to mine instead, and I had never even heard of the photographer he sent, nor did I see any of his images prior to my wedding. He also had us get a cashier's check (made payable to him) for the day of the wedding, which we gave to the photographer that showed up, but he has yet to pay the photographer that did come and take our photos. When I contacted him about the breach of contract, and inquired as to when he would be paying the other photographer, he told me it was none of my business, and won't tell me whether he's going to pay the other photographer at all. This guy is very unprofessional and extremely rude. I'd say you would be lucky if he even showed up, but given his attitude, I don't think you want to have to meet this guy at all. You'd be better off spending the money on disposable cameras for your guests to take pictures than relying on this guy. I will meet him though, in court!BEWARE!!! Do not hire this guy!! he will rip you off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards