Getting in Shape

HELP!!!

I need some serious help motivating myself to diet.

I will be trying dresses on for the first time on Dec 27th and I feel like I should be at least 20lbs lighter. I would be happy with 10 though. :(

I need someone to help keep me motivated!!

Re: HELP!!!

• I couldn't agree more with xcaly. Sorry, but it's true. 
    NO ONE can motivate you. YOU have to motivate you.. And usually no one starts off motivated.. that comes with making gym and a healthful diet habit. 

My husband always says I need to motivate him, but it's just not possible. Think of where you want to be. Think of looking in the mirror and seeing sexy muscle definition and all your insecure spots fizzle away. It's an awesome feeling that a lot of us have been able to experience. Make yourself one of them. Join us in the accountability threads [daily] and start doing your research. 
    IMO the diet is the hardest part, but it can change your whole world. Your body houses you for life. It treats you well, so stop treating it like crap. It deserves the best food, a ton of water, and to be challenged because it keeps you safe and active. 
    Can you walk? Think of all the people in the world that can't... Lucky you, go get your butt out for a walk. Can you lift your arms? Lucky you.. Think of all the people that can't. Now go pick up some weights. 
    Don't take your body for granted.. This is your one lifetime to have with it. 
  • In Response to HELP!!!:
    [QUOTE]I need some serious help motivating myself to diet. I will be trying dresses on for the first time on Dec 27th and I feel like I should be at least 20lbs lighter. I would be happy with 10 though. :( I need someone to help keep me motivated!!
    Posted by Nel13[/QUOTE]

No one here is going to motivate you 'to diet'.

As PPs have said, it's about being healthy and making good choices, for whatever reason. If you want to do it to look good in your dress, that's fine. It's your reason. But it has to become a habit.

If you check out some of the postings here (especially the accountability threads) you'll see that we're all in the same boat. We're juggling lives, planning weddings or honeymoons, getting used to life as a couple, dealing with kids/jobs/school/parents ... the list goes on. But we try to carve out a piece of each day for 'us.'

Making our workout time a priority works. Making it a lifestyle works. Dieting doesn't, because it's a bandaid solution, and when the diet stops, the pounds come back. By learning to eat healthy foods and be active each day, you'll end up reprogramming yourself and making it the norm and not the exception.

with that said, do post on accountability. It does help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nel13 I run challenge groups to help people get started on achieving their goals my next group starts on Dec 3rd it would be perfect for you since you are trying on the dresses at the end of Dec I don't think 20 lbs in one month is realistic but 5-10 is doable. You need to surround yourself with positive people with similar goals and you will become motivated but it is true you have to have the will power in you once you see changes happening you will become more and more motivated. If you want to add me on facebook feel free to do so www.facebook.com/brend.urios or send me an email if you want more info on my challenge group buriostegui85@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards