April 2013 Weddings
Options

Invitations?

Hey girls!

When do you all plan on getting your invitations?

Re: Invitations?

• Options
    I am kind of making mine and wanted to use the summer of free time to just get them done cause its a pretty big DIY. So far we've ordered the actual invitation and have the middle card stock printed out with all of the info on it. I went through and stamped our custom monogram on every single one. Now we're just waiting for FMIL to sew the lace on the outside of the invitations and assemble each one with the card stock and insert cards but weve still got plentyyyy of time
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I designed mine myself.  Dd goes back to school at the end of the month so I'll have 7 hours every day to work on stuff.  I'll work on getting printing quotes then.  I've already ordered the envelopes and everything we need to assemble them.  I just need the actual invite and enclosures to be printed.  We're doing wraparounds to address the invites and I've already started on the ones that I know won't be moving any time soon.

Since we're doing a destination wedding, our invites will probably go out at the end of January - about 12 weeks before the wedding.  I feel like I'm running out of time, even though I know there's plenty of time left.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    We're probably going to order our materials around November or so. I want to get the addresses printed on them and most of our friends rent so I want to make sure no one is moving. I'll probably start designing them soon.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are meeting with the designer this week and hope to order them by the end of october/november. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    I have to do mine somewhat early since I bought that Vistaprint groupon ($17 for $70 worth of products). So within the next month :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I already did mine on 123 Print. I have them at home! Not sending them out till Feb. 1 though. This means nothing can change, because it's already on paper! That's the hope..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure when we'll do ours, but they won't be super fancy (possibly vistaprint) so we're in no rush. Likely Nov/Dec kind of time.
  • Options
    is vistaprint good?im in canada and i dont want to spend too much on invitations so i was thinking of making them myself. as crafty as i may be i dont have it in me to print things..i tend to always make errors..i want to see who i can find to print them without costing 6 dollars each since i will need quite a few
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:83babaf1-3ec5-440a-823e-48181c761346Post:6fc3d129-023c-4fdf-9b51-c251db3183ab">Re: Invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]is vistaprint good?im in canada and i dont want to spend too much on invitations so i was thinking of making them myself. as crafty as i may be i dont have it in me to print things..i tend to always make errors..i want to see who i can find to print them without costing 6 dollars each since i will need quite a few
    Posted by nay1984[/QUOTE]
     <div>My friend ordered her invitations from vistaprint and she wasn't charged duty on them (shipped from Windsor), make sure you are on Canadian site.  Order a wedding sample pack from vistaprint (it's free!) and you can see the different finishing and paper styles.  I have heard that to order from Cards and Pockets duty and shipping is quite high to Canada.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I will be working an invitation designer for my invites, she has done some mock ups and she uses the "envelopments" brand.  I probably won't order until end of this year early next year.  I am doing STD's so I won't be sending invites out until 8 weeks before.</div>
  • Options
    We just decided on our last week.  I think we'll order them soon so that we can get them stuffed and addressed early enough so we're not rushing at the last minute.  Time is gonna fly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    <div>Awesome, this is really helpful.  I have an appointment to meet with a designer in 2 weeks, so it's nice to know I'm on track with everyone else. </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:83babaf1-3ec5-440a-823e-48181c761346Post:bb926f68-7e70-4ac4-bb53-6a4217328e40">Re: Invitations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are meeting with the designer this week and hope to order them by the end of october/november. 
    Posted by redjellybean128[/QUOTE]

<div>May I ask who you're working with?  We're in CT too.</div>
  • Options
    We're going to try to order them by October. I pretty much have them picked out and everything. We just need to figure out a final count on how many we need. But I'm a little early, since school started back up this week I'm going to be pretty busy until December. I figured better early than late! 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • Options
    Just finished making my invites (designed, cut and assembled by me).

But I'm not sending them out for another few months.  I think it depends on whether you're doing them or having them printed, and if you've got other DIY projects.  I had to get mine done early because I'm doing everything except sewing my dress, cooking and baking the cake. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no, I am not at all a DIY girl and I've never made an invitation before in my life so I sure as heck am not going to have my wedding invitations as my first attempt :)  I'm going pro all the way!
  • Options
    Many of our guests will have to travel for the wedding, so we are making sure to send out Save The Dates in the next month or so, and will only send them to the Must Have people. Invitations I think I'll send them out in the new year - January or something. Maybe I'll find a great deal on invites before then! Not sure where we're getting them. FI likes the idea of everything matching - StDs, invites, Thank You notes, etc. We'll see...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    We have ours already, I just have to finish water coloring them...Still need to order our StDs though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    I am ordering them the first week in Oct.  I used magnetstreet for the STDs and the matching invitations look awesome, so we're doing that.  Sending them out middle to end of January.  Gives me plenty of time in case there is a problem with the invitations or what not.  I just hate not allowing for Eff Ups.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Options
    i got mine on wedding paper diva's and they did a wonderful job a little pricey but im pretty proud of them, when is everyone sending them out? i sent out the save the dates last week

• Options
    My wedding is May 26, 2013. I would really like to send the invitations out by no later than March 1, and I'm even thinking of the last week in February. Reason is because our venue is a historic house and I really need to know the layout of my guest tables as soon as possible since there is limited space so I either need to plan them partially indoors and on the veranda or all outdoors and the tent rental size also depends on the amount of guests. My centerpieces are these beautiful mercury glass vases but I have to search like 6 different stores in 3 different cities to find them, so all these decisions depend on how many guests we have, hence how many tables.... so does anyone think sending invites 13-14 weeks in advance is too early? Giving them 3 weeks to respond?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards