Catholic Weddings
Options

Had my Serena course last night (NFP)

I posted before Christmas that I had found a couple that will teach NFP. FI and I went over last night and they did a presentation/conversation for 2.5 hours. It was awesome. The husband spoke directly to FI and told him he's the keeper of the chart. lol They even looked at my first chart and helped us understand what happened. Since I JUST came off the pill, my first chart was all over the place and I had no idea if I O'd. After having them look at it, they explained what was going on and why, and no I didn't O. they also said I need 3 - 4 charts for things to really settle down. This is such a comfort.

It was so awesome to sit and have someone to talk to about this. Even better than FI and I both have a better understanding of what to look for. We were both under the impression that temperature was the most important sign, but it's more the CM and cervix position. I left feeling so good about this entire thing.

They are having a potluck next weekend and they are bringing in a doctor to speak. I really want to go. There are a few young couples our age that should be there so I really want to go. Not sure how comfortable FI would be talking to people brought together because of cycles. haha

On another good note, there will finally be an NFP doctor in calgary! Right now there isn't one. I can't find anybody in the city, and when I asked the couple last night, they didn't know of any either. There is 3 young doctors recently graduated from med school starting their own practice that is strictly NFP. I'm going to get my name in as soon as they open.

I have to thank you to this board. I wasn't really sure what NFP was until I got engaged and came on here. Thank you so much for helping me take control of my body.

Re: Had my Serena course last night (NFP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so happy for you guys. From what they said in our EE Weekend, NFP doctors are pretty hard to find. I would love to find one, but haven't even switched doctors to where we currently live yet.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    awesome!  so glad you had a good experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm also glad that you had a good experience!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hooray!!!  I'm glad it went well for you both :)  I totally get how weird it is at first to have NFP conversations with people... but it's great to have that community support!  A bunch of my friends recently got married this past year and took the same NFP method classes as me and we've all been able to talk over issues or weird things with each other.  Also... my three (now almost 2... one is off getting married tomorrow!) engaged roommates are all taking NFP classes, too... 2 of us are Creighton and the other 2 are sympto-thermal.  Crazy, eh?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards