Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Changing your name

Does anyone have any information about how to change your name in central PA, more specifically Cumberland County?

TIA

Re: Changing your name

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you will need to wait until you get your official marriage license in the mail (normally within about a week after its filed).

then you can take it to the SS office in downtown harrisburg and have them change your name. when you leave the SS office they will give you a paper copy saying you changed your name and will mail you an official card in about a week.

you can take the paper copy from the SS office to the DMV (go to the ROC in Harrisburg). you will need to fill out a name change form. they can give you a paper change card at no cost that you just need to carry with you or you can get a new hard card for $12. you can also request a new copy of your registration for your car at no cost.

after that, you can just call to change most of your other information. i had to use my marriage license at work and the bank. we also had to send a copy to our mortgage company. you wont be able to change your name on the deed of your home (if you own) unless you go through the entire settlement process. we opted not to spend ~$300 to change my name and only changed it on the mortgage.

good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards