Snarky Brides

It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?

Morning ladies!

Lets wake this place up! I see the campaign thread was still going strong late last night, Thanks Blue!

It's Friday and I cant wait to get out of here and get some things done this weekend.

I need some dog advice. Atticus suddenly has started pooing in the house again, it seems to have started when we brought him home from Camp Bow Wow, and we cant seem to break him of it. He'll go outside walk around, pee, and then act like he's done. Within minutes of going back in the house he poos on the floor. Any suggestions?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?

• I have no dog bathrooming suggestions other than:  When my last dog had a similar problem I would throw a stick for her until all the running made her have to go.

Morning!  I'm shopping for ridiculously fun, vaguely unnecessary, hiking gear.  Dang my "always be prepared" mentality.  But at least the shopping is fun!  I can't let my H help or he'll make fun of me.  Yes, it's useful stuff I'm shopping for, but I want the pretty one.  Always.
  • Im super pissed.  Ive been on call at work for the last 3 weeks and I have gotten called in every single time.  Last week I had to hostess and today I have to be the take-out cashier.  These are jobs that the high school kids do for $8 an hour and Im not happy to waste a beautiful Friday sitting in a sweatbox just to make $40 before taxes.

So thats my rant.  I want to be swimming in my pool.  Wah.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:1d490cb0-44ef-41be-ba27-520633bf8c04">Re: It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im super pissed.  Ive been on call at work for the last 3 weeks and I have gotten called in every single time.  Last week I had to hostess and today I have to be the take-out cashier.  These are jobs that the high school kids do for $8 an hour and Im not happy to waste a beautiful Friday sitting in a sweatbox just to make $40 before taxes. So thats my rant.  I want to be swimming in my pool.  Wah.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Well Blue those 18 year olds think it's a beautiful day too! ;) It's seems to me that they dont have very dependable workers if you are getting called in every Friday, doesnt your bosses see a theme here?

Anna- Thanks, most the time it's in the morning and husband is trying to get around.
    Have fun shopping!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:81cd878e-a2dc-4251-977b-b93dabca4d47">It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! Lets wake this place up! I see the campaign thread was still going strong late last night, Thanks Blue! It's Friday and I cant wait to get out of here and get some things done this weekend. I need some dog advice. Atticus suddenly has started pooing in the house again, it seems to have started when we brought him home from Camp Bow Wow, and we cant seem to break him of it. He'll go outside walk around, pee, and then act like he's done. Within minutes of going back in the house he poos on the floor. Any suggestions?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

My dog does this from time to time, usually when I don't have time to walk him right after work and we are leaving.  My suggestion would be to take him out to pee, let him in and reward him with a small treat, and take him right back out.  I've found that my dog doesn't tend to both pee and poo in the same outing, so letting him right back out after he's rewarded usually does the trick.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:0c940e14-07ea-4400-9374-854350f93c40">Re: It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is? : My dog does this from time to time, usually when I don't have time to walk him right after work and we are leaving.  My suggestion would be to take him out to pee, let him in and reward him with a small treat, and take him right back out.  I've found that my dog doesn't tend to both pee and poo in the same outing, so letting him right back out after he's rewarded usually does the trick.
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....good idea! He's only 6 months old so he is still learning. But he spent a week at Camp Bow Wow and there they kinda let them go where ever, KWIM? But he lets us know when he has to pee., H thinks he gets so distracted in the yard that he forgets he has to poop till he gets in the house.
  • Good Morning!

I was going to start a thread and then poof the GM thread was here! Not much going on here today, cleaning and I have to go to the grocery store to get little things for dinner.

Sorry KD I don't have any hints for Atticus, but I hope things get settled soon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning from a newbie. ;) Stuck in bed today with a terrible cold. But I have my laptop, so it could be worse!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning!

No exciting plans for the weekend here.  H has to work all weekend.  Boo.  My parents are coming up tomorrow to look at the gifts we got for the wedding.  My mom originally wanted to come up last night to watch us open them (H was supposed to be off, and we were going to do it during the day), but I told her that we would rather them wait until the weekend.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:08597d25-599d-42b6-b5e0-9f64927db002">Re: It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! No exciting plans for the weekend here.  H has to work all weekend.  Boo.  My parents are coming up tomorrow to look at the gifts we got for the wedding.  My mom originally wanted to come up last night to watch us open them (H was supposed to be off, and we were going to do it during the day), but I told her that we would rather them wait until the weekend.  
    Posted by texasgurly13[/QUOTE]

Texas! Congrats, are you going to AW your pictures?

Welcome Disney, sorry about the cold, we have several people in the office sick right now. Feel better!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:81cd878e-a2dc-4251-977b-b93dabca4d47">It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! Lets wake this place up! I see the campaign thread was still going strong late last night, Thanks Blue! It's Friday and I cant wait to get out of here and get some things done this weekend. I need some dog advice. Atticus suddenly has started pooing in the house again, it seems to have started when we brought him home from Camp Bow Wow, and we cant seem to break him of it. He'll go outside walk around, pee, and then act like he's done. Within minutes of going back in the house he poos on the floor. Any suggestions?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I've got a suggestion...although my pup doesn't poop inside anymore! THANK-GOD!
    When Bella (my pup) doesn't poop when she needs too I tend to chase her around. My neighbours must think I'm nuts. lol
    Litterly we're running around the yard...me chasing her and her chasing me. It get's her bowls moving and eventially she's ready to GO! I'd suggest that and see if it works!

As for work....I missed a few days of work because I was sick and I've felt like I've been drowning in paper work all day, but I finally feel like I'm treading water now! *PHEW*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:94c372b9-737d-4d17-80a7-5aa3fd078294">Re: It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning All. We had another big rain & thunderstorm most of the night, so things are ugly looking outside today. Still raining. Oh well, at least we didn't have to turn the sprinklers on today. Was woken up by a phone call from my cousin that my "extra" grandparent (he's actually my great-uncle, but I used to spend summers with them etc) is dying this weekend. Not a great way to start the day, but not totally unexpected. So, to soothe myself, I'm making cookies. Peanut butter cookies, since these ones won't be going to school with us. KD, that sounds annoying. I have no advice for you though, I've never had a dog, and MILs dogs are not the best trained ;) Blue, I would rather swim than make almost no money too.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

AW Jesse I'm so sorry. Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family! {{hugs}}
  • Morning! I'm leaving work in like half an hour. I have over time to use up, so I'm taking the afternoon off with it!

KD, I second the running around thing. Griswold will act like he doesn't have to poop, but a few minutes of playing and running all over the back yard loosens him right up. He had a pee accident in our room the other night. Very out of character for him. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:8358080c-1eb5-4c92-a5fa-74abc3c46488">Re: It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jess I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. Hugs to you and yours. These are all tips I'm going o try too. My Maltese sucks at going outside. She so hit and miss. Very frustrating. Yesterday was crazy busy at work and today probably will be too. This weekend I have to get my ass over to Michaels so I can decide if I am really going to do these DIY wedding things or not. I'm starting to think not.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

What DIY projects are you thinking of doing?
  • I'm so sorry Jesse.  :(

KD, sounds like Atticus just needs to get back into the home routine.  If you stay out with him while he does his "business" I've been told to not encourage the dog but rather act bored (yawn, hum).  It worked on my Dobie when I couldn't get her to go on a leash when we had to live in apartment for a while. 

I think we have a pretty quiet weekend ahead.  May try and talk the H into going out for dinner tomorrow night - I've been craving Mexican but don't feel like cooking it. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:6590077e-be05-4a0e-8df4-6ea6aa408842">Re: It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry Jesse.  :( KD, sounds like Atticus just needs to get back into the home routine.  If you stay out with him while he does his "business" I've been told to not encourage the dog but rather act bored (yawn, hum).  It worked on my Dobie when I couldn't get her to go on a leash when we had to live in apartment for a while.  I think we have a pretty quiet weekend ahead.  May try and talk the H into going out for dinner tomorrow night - I've been craving Mexican but don't feel like cooking it. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we take him out on a leash when it's time for him to do his business. And believe me I dont have to ACT bored ;) He only goes on the run when we are playing or we are on the deck with him.
  • kd - Do you guys crate train?  Sometimes when I take my dog out, he spends hours sniffing around, then decides he can't find a good spot and walks back toward the house without doing anything even though I know he needs to go.  When that happens, I bring him back in, shut him in his crate for a few minutes while I do something else, then try again.  He usually gets to business pretty quickly then.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-952am-do-you-know-where-your-morning-thread-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cceb29d-19ae-499e-a7cd-7dd23becb008Post:4ee1309b-1dde-45f9-9863-ae772fcec18c">Re: It's 9:52AM do you know where your morning thread is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]kd - Do you guys crate train?  Sometimes when I take my dog out, he spends hours sniffing around, then decides he can't find a good spot and walks back toward the house without doing anything even though I know he needs to go.  When that happens, I bring him back in, shut him in his crate for a few minutes while I do something else, then try again.  He usually gets to business pretty quickly then.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

This makes sense Elle, thanks! Yes, when H takes him out first thing he does the exact same thing. He brings him back in feeds him, than after a bit we find the surprise. So, I told him of PP's idea of taking him out to pee, then giving him a treat and heading back out.

I think we've decided to take him out, pee, feed him, then crate for a bit then back out again. We are also going to start bell training.
  • I love all of it, but I would go with what I think I can get done, then pick those things. This way you dont stress.

You know you need table numbers so that might be priority.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards