Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

INCLUDING THE KIDS

SO MY H2B HAS 2 KIDS BEFORE ME, THEN I HAVE A DAUGHTER BEFORE HIM AND WE NOW HAVE A SON TOGETHER, HOW DO WE INCLUDE ALL THE KIDS SO THEY CAN FEEL AS ONE MDURING THE CEREMONY........ FOR EXPAMLE ..... WHO SAW KIM AND KROYS WEDDING HOW KROY GAVE KIMS DAUGHTERS RINGS..........

Re: INCLUDING THE KIDS

• Options
    edited July 2012
    psst   hey you....quick!
    edit your post before you get jumped on again for yelling!

hurry!!
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    It is only you and your fiance - the two consenting adults - who are getting married, so there is no need for rings, vows, etc for the children.  Dress them up, walk them down the aisle and take lots of pictures. 
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_including-the-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:37e06423-8f36-4b02-b48e-90f4daa5f8cePost:24d2b887-be16-4e2a-83fb-2e4cb603abea">Re: INCLUDING THE KIDS</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is only you and your fiance - the two consenting adults - who are getting married, so there is no need for rings, vows, etc for the children.  Dress them up, walk them down the aisle and take lots of pictures. 
    Posted by Peavy[/QUOTE]

this 1000%
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_including-the-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:37e06423-8f36-4b02-b48e-90f4daa5f8cePost:24d2b887-be16-4e2a-83fb-2e4cb603abea">Re: INCLUDING THE KIDS</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is only you and your fiance - the two consenting adults - who are getting married, so there is no need for rings, vows, etc for the children.  Dress them up, walk them down the aisle and take lots of pictures. 
    Posted by Peavy[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You could include them in a sand ceremony since you are all becoming one big family. If the kids are older, they could be attendants (BM/GM).
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I might have my son as rb but deciding about it w/o fg is that ok?

• Options
    Ditto PP. Kids should not be included in the ceremony or in vows of any type. Let them walk down the aisle or be the RBs and FG.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Please stop yelling, and please do not give your kids rings.  You are not marrying each other's kids and it is seriously creepy to imply that you are.
  • Options
    FI's children will be in the WP.  FSD & I will go have a spa day together while FSS hangs out with his dad and we'll take tons of photos.

Marrying their father doesn't change the relationship that I've already established with them over the years so I see no reason to include anything special in the ceremony.  They already have a mom.

You can get them presents, if you want, but I think rings would be weird.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    I have an 11 year old daughter from a previous relationship and FH and I just had a baby who will be a little over a year old when we get married. I was thinking just having them walk down the aisle in matching dresses together and then take a seat next to grandma in the front row. We aren't having FG or RB so it'll be a good opportunity for pictures and it incorporates them without doing too much. Good luck, I'm sure you will figure out the best idea for your family!
  • Options
    We are including my daughter in our ceremony because she wants to be included, this is a super important day for her as well.  I don't see any problem with including your children as long as the children want to be included.  You will find what works for your family, and I've never heard anyone in real life say anything badly about this.  Most people understand the sentiment who are close to you.
  • Options
    So I watch alot of wedding shows and one had something special that I am adopting into our ceremony that may be good for you also! I have 2 boys from a previous relationship and my fiance has a daughter from a past relationship also. In our ceremony, after "our vows" but before we are officially married (kiss) we will have "family vows" where the groom and I will promise to love and accept child/children as our own etc. (you can play with the vows to make it your own) and after you the "family vows" you have a family hug to officially join the family as 1 as the officiant anounces. And then you can go on to become man and wife with your kiss. Another special thing we have chose to include in between the joining the family and becoming man and wife we are going to ask that our mothers join us as the last kiss we recieve as single people come from the woman who gave us life.    Hope this helps
  • Options
    and I would also like to say that i understand where everyone is coming from that you are not marrying the children however being part of a family where all the children are not biological I also understand that there is kind of a need to not only join man and woman but make the children feel included, to join the family as 1 also. It does not have to be creepy intimate it could be vows but just something important. because believe it or not children need to be included more than ever when there is a step parent involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards