Missouri-Kansas City
Options

New to the board

Hi, my name is Seevan. I'm 29 and live in KC with my fiance Gabe and our cat Oscar. We got engaged on Sept 28 of last year and are looking at a May 4, 2013 wedding date. We just started actively planning by going through our guest list and emailing a few venues. I think I've found a dress, too. Our vision is something small and vintage-y, like old hollywood with a touch whimsy. I'd like to have the ceremony and reception at one of the downtown loft spaces, but they are pricey! I am new to planning and don't have a lot of help, so any advice is great! I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Re: New to the board

• Options
    Welcome!  I did a Hollywood Glam style wedding last year, it was a fun theme to work worth!  I didn't go too over board, but tried to give the general feeling.  There are some great loft spaces down town, just check a bunch out and see if you can find one that matches your budget! 
  • Options
    Thanks! I like your Planning bio. I plan to do finger waves and a birdcage veil, and the boy is definitely going Sean Connery era James bond. And I'm totally getting those ikea frames!! Love it!
  • Options
    Check The Stanly in downtown Lee's Summit. Something Borrowed has a variety of vintage items you could rent. Contact person is Cindy King @ 816-651-1246. I'm using her for my September 1st wedding. Tell her Yalonda referred you. Good luck and Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!  Have you looked into the Berg Studio?  They are pretty affordable but they always book up so quickly!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Brandy & my love is Jarron. We are planning at July13, 2013 wedding at Studio Dan Meiners, "A Night of Modern Elegance".. The venue is uber chic & modern, but for some odd reason, I'm obssessed with the idea of a French "theme". Am I completely ridculous & tacky?! Lol Let me know your thoughts!! 

Looking forward to bonding with you all!!Cool

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards