Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Where are my pictures?

How long does it take to get your pictures back from your photographer?? I just ordered all pictures on a disc - no video, no book... Seriously?! Its been 6 weeks since the wedding - am I being unreasonable?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where are my pictures?

• Options
    Thats what I was thinking. And email after email my cd is just now being mailed.......wedding 11/3. Photographer response was that he was training for a class.....understandable but what does that have to do with the time you quoted me? lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It took only 4 weeks for mine. Have you contacted the photographer to ask about them? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It took 4 weeks for mine also as we only got our photos on CD. I would keep contacting the photog; the least they can provide you with is an ETA.
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    It took 12 weeks to get ours. It's been almost 10 months and I'm still waiting on our album but we were told to expect it to take a year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What does your contract say?  We got our disc of photos in 2 weeks.  The album, once we decide on photos, will be much longer.
  • Options
    Mine took two months, 11/3 wedding and got them on 1/3
  • Options
    Ours took a month and a half, so about 6 weeks. What does your contract state? A lot of times they will outline how long it will take in the contract. If not, I see nothing wrong with a friendly e-mail or phone call just asking to see how the pics are coming along and if they have a general idea of when they may be ready.

Just know that it takes a lot of time to edit hundreds of photos, plus your wedding is probably not the only one they've had recently. My photographers had two weddings a weekend for the 2-3 months around our wedding and were incredibly busy. It was a wonder they somehow returned them in 6 weeks. I have friends who waited months and months for wedding photos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Ours took two months to get the discs, but I thought that was probably rather quick considering he had a very busy fall and was editing several other weddings too. He had 6,000 shots to sift through deleting dups, bloopers and edit. Our photoprapher said it takes on average 40 hours for a wedding, so if he's been doing others then it can take a bit. 
  • Options
    We're going on 4 months but my friend who does wedding photography on the side did them. We got a tremendous deal so I can't complain. Plus she is a lawyer full time with two kids. She has a lot on her plate.
  • Options
    Mine took 2 months to complete my order. I received the first prints in 5 weeks and the final digital album with enlargements in 8 weeks.

He was within his contract timeframe so I didn't bother him. I had no rush for them either.
  • Options
    I think it depends on the timing of things. We had our e-pics done in September and it took 9 weeks to get our pics back because our photographer had a backlog of summer weddings to get through. Our June wedding pics were back in 7 weeks (got them at my sister's wedding!), but my sister didn't get her August wedding pics (same photographer) until December.
  • Options
    Our wedding date was 11/10 and we were able to see some photos posted online the next morning. We had a link to our full online gallery by 12/6 and our flashdrive will all pics was received shortly after that by mail. Same timing with our separate videographer. I think we got lucky, I've heard horror stories.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards