Moms and Maids

MOH probably not making it to rehearsal

This was a trolling post...

Re: MOH probably not making it to rehearsal

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-probably-not-making-rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:43c21e2c-dffa-4f63-9802-1c4594554fb3Post:355be7e3-c8ea-46eb-b433-61711248cf4d">MOH probably not making it to rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is out of state.  My MOH is probably not going to make it to my rehearsal or rehearsal dinner and she knew when she accepted the position the wedding would be out of state.  This upsets me a little because if you couldn't/wouldn't devote the standard time to the two biggest events for the wedding, why accept a position in the bridal party?  I feel like she should probably just attend as a guest if she isn't going to be on time for all the festivities. 
    Posted by lrice422[/QUOTE]

<div>Did something unexpected come up? Maybe she couldn't afford all of the time off? Accepting the role of a MOH does not mean she is obligated to do anything except show up sober at the ceremony in her dress, smile for pictures, and hold your bouquet/sign your license. </div><div>
    </div><div>It's unfortunate that she can't attend, but will she be able to make the actual wedding? Unless you have some super sophisticated ceremony, I think she can figure out what to do. I don't mean that in a biitchy way, just saying that if this woman was close enough to you for you to ask her to be a BM, I would think as long as she makes it there to stand by your side for the actual wedding, that is what counts. </div><div>
    </div><div>Don't get me wrong, I'd be really bummed too, and I'd be freaking out, thinking my ceremony will be a disaster. Just tell her who she will be walking with, if applicable, and who she will be next to in the BM order. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-probably-not-making-rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:43c21e2c-dffa-4f63-9802-1c4594554fb3Post:355be7e3-c8ea-46eb-b433-61711248cf4d">MOH probably not making it to rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is out of state.  My MOH is probably not going to make it to my rehearsal or rehearsal dinner and she knew when she accepted the position the wedding would be out of state.  This upsets me a little because if you couldn't/wouldn't devote the standard time to the two biggest events for the wedding, why accept a position in the bridal party?  I feel like she should probably just attend as a guest if she isn't going to be on time for all the festivities. 
    Posted by lrice422[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">Pre-wedding events including rehearsal is optional for all WP members. This close friend is spending a good chunk of money to come out of state which means, transportation, hotel, and then on top of that her dress and a gift for you. Cut her some slack, this is NOT a good reason to kick out or demote a WP member especially MOH. She is your friend, so try to be understanding. Besides the rehearsal is NOT a huge thing to learn. My friend had 2 BMs miss the rehearsal and the other BMs just told them where to stand. That was all they needed to really know. </div></div>
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The RD is not a required event for her to attend.  Kicking her out of the WP is inexcusable.  She can be briefed on everything that happens at the RD, her role is not a complex one.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure there will be plenty of time to fill her in the day of the wedding. This is definitely not something to lose any sleep over.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    at least you have advanced notice. Who knows that day of travel she may also have flight/car issues as well. Just hope she arrives safely, that I think is more imoprtant.
  • edited December 2011
    She probably accepted the honor of being in your wedding party because she thought you and she were best friends.

It's understandable that you are disappointed. But being upset enough to want her to step down, is over reacting. Take some time to calm down a bit. You wouldn't want something like this get in the way of your friendship, right?

• lrice422lrice422 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also a trolling post
  • edited December 2011
    What the hell is so hard about her role that she absolutely needs to be at the rehersal??? She comes in her dress, walks down the aisle, holds your bouquet, stands there, walks back down the aisle. Seriously... it isn't rocket science. Anyone who has every been to a wedding or has seen a wedding on TV can pretty much deduce what they have to do. You are teetering in to Bridezilla land. You need to relax. It isn't a big deal and to demote her will lilkely strain and/or end the friendship.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    For goodness sake, it's a rehearsal for a wedding ceremony, not D Day!  Despite what you apparently think, ALL prewedding activities are optional.  The world will not end if your friend doesn't attend the rehearsal, and your wedding will not be ruined in any way.

If you care so little about your friend that you would rather have had her turn down the honor of being your MOH if she couldn't attend the rehearsal, why the heck did you ask her to be your MOH in the first place?

• lrice422lrice422 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

Trolls.....smh

edited December 2011
    Sad to say but I have seen the "BM/MOH isn't coming to the RD, can I kick them out?" questions. Though luckily, it has been awhile since I've seen them.
  • blush64blush64 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-probably-not-making-rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:43c21e2c-dffa-4f63-9802-1c4594554fb3Post:eb380842-8d5d-4ec0-ad6c-6c51dd75d463">Re: MOH probably not making it to rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to MOH probably not making it to rehearsal : Why would you admit to this?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I don't get this either.  I just don't get the point of trolling.  Isn't there aything better people can do with their time??
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're going to troll, it should be something more amusing than this.
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man. I got punked. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    People are just ignorant.  Exactly what do you get from doing that?  Seriously?  Grow up already...
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    ok silly q... what is trolling?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-probably-not-making-rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:43c21e2c-dffa-4f63-9802-1c4594554fb3Post:de1dcd6e-6f77-4091-95bf-e7707362a18c">Re: MOH probably not making it to rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok silly q... what is trolling?
    Posted by Epiphany1031[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I keep seeing people talking about "troll posts" and I really don't get it...</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    August 13, 2011
    RSVP Date: June 17th

119 image Invited to party!!
    65 image Have decided to (also) be awesome!
    41 image Are party poopers
    13 image Can't Find their mailbox...

edited December 2011
    Troll is a person who has made up an imaginary name and starts MUD (Made Up Drama) to stir up people on the boards or just spam the boards with nonesense. Trolling is just the verb of them creating MUD topics. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Autumn!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    August 13, 2011
    RSVP Date: June 17th

119 image Invited to party!!
    65 image Have decided to (also) be awesome!
    41 image Are party poopers
    13 image Can't Find their mailbox...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards