Attire & Accessories Forum

How involved are you in the tuxes?

The wedding isn't until April and there's a wedding show in January that gives great deals on tuxes - that's enough time right?

How involved are you in choosing tuxes? Did you pick them out? Did you leave that up to your FH? Did you do it together?

Re: How involved are you in the tuxes?

• DH and the groomsmen all wore their own black suits.  It's what DH wanted so I wasn't involved at all.  In fact, he wouldn't let me see his suit until the wedding day.  I think if you get to pick out your attire then let the groom pick out his.  

As far as the timeline goes, you should call around to tux shops and ask how far in advance you the orders should be placed.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You're right - he should be able to pick out his own. What I'm hearing from him is that he'll do it but he really doesn't want to. Maybe that will change when we get closer to the actual date.

I need to be the responsible one and keep things on track time-wise (he's VERY laid-back and not very organized!)...but maybe I'll just call ahead and tell him when he needs to choose and be fitted by? That way I know it will be done but I don't need to take control?
  • Brides commonly get involved with tuxes because you are trying to achieve an overall look. The bride's side of attire and the groom's side of attire should compliment each other.
  • We picked them out together. It was nice to have a say, and to see him try on the different styles.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am involved. If I wasn't, Eric would show up wearing a lime green clown suit, I'm sure. He loves to be dorky like that. Plus, I like things to match and so I'm trying to coordinate everything.

However, I would not decide on something he didn't like.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • I kept the color combination straight because DH kept getting confused over what we'd decided.  He went on his own to get measured and choose the styles.  I think we did it at about two months out?  It doesn't have to be done very early, the deadline to get measured was two weeks before.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • H had a really clear vision for what he wanted the GM (and my best guy friend who stood on my side) to wear. He pretty much did everything himself, other than running his ideas by me before making any purchases.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • He just did not want a bowtie - we chose the tux together I was afraid to let him go it alone. So traditional black tux with a silver tie for groom and black ties for groomsmen, otherwise they would have bought t-shirts with the tie printed on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards