Registry and Gift Forum

Bride's Assistant gift

I have an assistant that is one of my dear friends who will be helping me on my wedding day. I've got all the bridesmaids something, but I want to get her something different because she isn't a bridesmaid. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bride's Assistant gift

• I'm not sure I understand, are you paying her for wedding planning services or is she doing it as a gift to you?
  • Shes doing this as a gift. Shes basically just going to be around in case there are any last minute things I need and to make sure people dont come to me that day with things that will only stress me out (you'd have to know my family)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    That sounds like a terrible job... she volunteered for it without you asking?

I would definitely get her a gift, or relieve her of her duties.  What did you get the bridesmaids?  Get her the same thing, maybe something extra too since she is doing all the work without the recognition.
  • She offered, actually. Her exact words were "I want to be there to help you with whatever you need to make sure you have a stress-free wedding day!" I've been engaged for 19 months and when I got engaged her and I weren't speaking. So, I picked my wedding party. 6 months later, we worked everything out and to be honest, she does more for me than my bridesmaids do. I haven't seen two of my bridesmaids in over 6 months. Its funny how many people are your best friend right when you get engaged. Word from the wise- wait to pick your bridal party! I was just excited and caught up in the moment, I guess.

As far as recognition goes, shes listed in the program. I haven't asked her to do a single thing. She has offered. I think it'd be rude to tell her "I'm sorry but I don't want you around on my wedding day"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards