Louisiana-New Orleans

New Orleans Courtyard Wedding

NEED HELP.  We are planning a 11-3-2012 courtyard wedding in New Orleans for 50 people.  All we want is a ceremony followed by a cocktail recption with appetizers.  Our budget is $5,000-$6,000.  So far all places are like $10,000-$20,000 with 100 people minimums.  Is this not a possible thing to do in New Orleans?  It has become so stressful we are on the verge of calling it off!  Has anyone been to or had a small wedding in New Orleans?

Re: New Orleans Courtyard Wedding

• hanniraynellhanniraynell member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    NEED HELP.  We are planning a 11-3-2012 courtyard wedding in New Orleans for 50 people.  All we want is a ceremony followed by a cocktail recption with appetizers.  Our budget is $5,000-$6,000.  So far all places are like $10,000-$20,000 with 100 people minimums.  Is this not a possible thing to do in New Orleans?  It has become so stressful we are on the verge of calling it off!  Has anyone been to or had a small wedding in New Orleans?
  • edited June 2012
    POST ON LOCAL BOARD THIS IS INTERNATIONAL
  • Which venues have you looked at?  That is a busy time of year for weddings in New Orleans. You may want to consider the Pharmacy Museum.  I think you can bring your own caterer in.

Pigeon Catering has packages that start at $60 inclusive of the bar, tax and gratuity.  I'm not sure if they have a minimum you need to meet.  You'll probably need to budget for a venue that has tables and chairs included.
  • I had no luck contacting Cafe Beignet at Musical Legends Park on Bourbon, but that seems like it would be a cool venue for an outdoor ceremony and reception.
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Is there any way you could move your wedding to Friday or Sunday?  Most of the places I talked to had a much lower minimum or no minimum on Friday or Sunday.
  • You may want to consider City Park or Audubon Park. I think the Parks do not charge. Not totally sure, though.
  • I would look into Court of Two Sisters. They have a beautiful courtyard. I went to a wedding shower there and the cost was only $35 a person. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_new-orleans-courtyard-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:31e76919-9fc0-49de-813c-2bc048e97193Post:145b4281-59a1-43f8-b239-facf043eaf56">Re: New Orleans Courtyard Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]You may want to consider City Park or Audubon Park. I think the Parks do not charge. Not totally sure, though.
    Posted by carolemb[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>City Park charges for certain places (i.e. the Botanical Gardens), and $50 fee for taking any pictures in the park.  I don't think Audubon charges.

</div>
  • Very doable at the Beauregard-Keyes house if you get married in their garden.  You can bring your own caterer, or even your own food if you're just doing appetizers that you prep yourself and just need warmed up in their kitchen.  You could have the space for 2 hours for $2000 and bring your own apps and alcohol.  They weren't large enough for us but they might be perfect for your size.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards