Wedding Party
Options

2 sisters I am close with, 1 I NEVER talk to (lives with her dad)..HELP!

I am wondering what to do...I have two sisters who I am close with who are going to be my bridesmaids and one who I only see on like Christmad and Thanksgiving and have no relationship with her at all. My dad is upset for not including her but I already have 5 bridesmaid and my fiance has 3. I know it sounds rude but I really wouldn't feel comfortable having her as a bridesmaid because like I said, I just don't really know her. What are some ways that I could incorporate her somehow (to make my dad happy?). I was thinking like a reading or something? Help! Thank you!!!

Re: 2 sisters I am close with, 1 I NEVER talk to (lives with her dad)..HELP!

• Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer this! That is great advice, I just hope my dad will be able to drop it..
  • Options
    I agree with Retread. She will  most likely not be expecting to be in the wedding. Recently, we had another Knottie tell us the story of herself being an "obligatory" bridesmaid, and she was miserable. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

Ditto Retread.  The only other way to include her would be as a reader or singer, but even that you should only do if you WANT to.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    Another ditto for Retread.  If you really don't want this sister in your wedding, don't "accommodate" your father by coming up with some role for her that she probably doesn't want either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards