Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

What's On Your Do Not Play List?

I'm completing my form for the DJ will all the songs we want, and it has a section for any songs that we do NOT want played.

The only thing I can think of is the Chicken Dance, which will under no circumstances be played at my wedding. other than that I can't really think of any. I'm tempted to ban any sort of line dance, but I did that shuffle song at my bachelorette party and thought it was a blast. So maybe I want it...

What are your "Do Not Plays"?

Re: What's On Your Do Not Play List?

• Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hokey Pokey!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any country haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anything by Taylor Swift.
    Any 'group dance' songs...hokey pokey, electric slide, etc.
    Butterfly Kisses
  • Options
    lauraleighb6lauraleighb6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine has Butterfly Kisses, the Macarena, The Cha Cha Slide, my fiance and his ex's song, Paradise by the Dashboard Light.
  • Options
    roxiems75roxiems75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Broken Road Rascal Flatts  and Then by Brad Paisley. Both songs are songs that my deceased FI always danced too.  Other then that group dances I dont have a problem with they will not be on my must play list but if my guests want them then let them have it.  I dont have to dance to every song.  If I dont like a song then I will use that as a brake to go to the washroom or freshen up.  Everyone has their own view on group songs but to me it does not matter. 
  • Options
    jenniferraseyjenniferrasey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No Chicken Dance, YMCA or hokey pokey for this bride!! Oh, and Paradise By The Dashboard Lights UUGGGHHH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No old time rock roll or monk monk or cocaine...

yes we will be doing the chicken dance song and the hokey pokey little kid's here..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    roberts411roberts411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anything boring
    there will deffinately be dance songs love em and it gets people moving
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No group dances here, ie. Electric Slide, Macarena,Chicken Dance!  No "Shout",  "We Are Family", nothing by the BeeGees, no "At Last".
    And now after reading this thread, I feel the need to add "Butterfly Kisses"!
  • Options
    jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You girls got most of mine.  The only one I have that you haven't mentioned is Michael Jackson.  Fi and I can't tolerate his music, so we're giving it a NO GO on our wedding night :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Neil Young, the chicken dance, macarena and The Cure is on ours
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards