Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Wedding Flutes -- Any suggestions

I was going to order some flutes that I saw advertised from "Things Remembered" but then as I was looking at reviews it appears that alot of people had non-removeable black spots on them.  Anyone have any ideas as to a good vendor to purchase cake server and flute sets from?  (Hey, I don't even drink, but I wanted something as a remebrance of our day, and that looks nice) without breaking the bank.

Re: Wedding Flutes -- Any suggestions

• Options
    I would check out your local department stores like Macy's.  I got my sister a nice vera wang flute set and it didn't really cost much.

My sis also bought me my flute set and honestly, H and I didn't even drink out of them.  We forgot they were there so they just sat at our table filled with our choice of beverage the entire night.  They are now currently in the box they came in shoved in a dresser drawer.

I would say, save your money and use your pictures as a nice rememberance of your wedding day.

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2013
    If you really want to get silver flutes then buy them elsewhere. Things Remembered will engrave items not purchased there.

I purchased a set of silver champagne flutes from a local Tuesday Morning when they were on sale, about 50% off. Nice bargain. Called everywhere that did engraving besides Things Remembered, then called Things REmembered. They were the cheapest

For what it's worth: After buying these, and having them engraved, I have absolutely no idea where they are right now. I know we brought them home because I saw them here after the wedding. Couldn't find them for our 1st anniversary last August.

I agree with everyone else: unless you are going to religiously re-use them for your anniversary (and remember where they are!), I wouldn't bother.
  • Options
    I found some at a store for a dollar a piece. I hand embelleshed them with ribbon, lace and crystal stones I had left over from other DIY stuff. They turned out great and at little cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think they are a waste of money and just another thing to bring to the venue that you really don't need.  Use what the venue has- you'll never think about those flutes that don't match the rest of your glasses ever again.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We used my parents toasting glasses and his parents cake server. Can you borrow some??
  • Options
    I almost jumped to buy some when I saw a groupon style coupon for something like the Personalization Mall (I forget exactly) and I just realized that I'd never use them again. I would reuse the cake serving set again though...so I will probably buy one of those, but I keep finding those in clearence sections of places like Home Goods and Macy's like others say.

If you really want them, Etsy has them, Amazon, E-bay....lots of wedding sites.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards