Registry and Gift Forum

BBB Edit Registery after event?

So some friends of ours got married in March. I was going to pull up there registery from BBB to help inspire my holiday shopping and the Registery pulled up only has like maybe 10 items on it? Whats the deal?!

Re: BBB Edit Registery after event?

• Sometimes the website acts up and doesn't display all the items. You can go to your local store and they can print out a copy for you and that way you'll know for sure how many items are left. If there are only 10 items on there, they may not have registered for much in the first place, or deleted items that were purchased.
  • See we shopped off there BBB for there wedding present. somone started there dish set and we finished it. But i remember there were other dish accesories they didn't get(matching platters and such) I remember they registered for a salad spinner, and she made a comment when I got one that she was jealous....so I would assume they didn't get theres. I know there was a good 40+ items on there! Annoyed!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bbb-edit-registery-after-event?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:935d409c-f214-4b19-984d-59db61b997b9Post:0126e137-0d84-44cb-b7a1-fdbdd529456d">Re: BBB Edit Registery after event?</a>:
    [QUOTE]See we shopped off there BBB for there wedding present. somone started there dish set and we finished it. But i remember there were other dish accesories they didn't get(matching platters and such) I remember they registered for a salad spinner, and she made a comment when I got one that she was jealous....so I would assume they didn't get theres. I know there was a good 40+ items on there! Annoyed!
    Posted by shanliann[/QUOTE]
    Are you sure she didn't buy those items for herself? 

• Registries go into flux after the wedding.  The couple will add, subtract, and edit to complete the household.

We just today found our dishware set at Maceys for 50% off that we had registered at BBB.  You can bet your sunday best that we bought them and erased them from BBB.  With the completion discount, and opening up a new card, it ended up that we got our dream entertainment dishes for 70% of!!!  So happy!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I was going to say.... I have four words for you: "completion discount/gift cards."

Couples get a decent completion discount, and I would bet that they received a lot of BBB gift cards.  The discounts usually last only 6 months or so, and BBBs often have a quarterly event for registrered couples where you can get 20% off your entire purchase instead of the 10% off standard discount.  I would bet they bought the things they wanted with the gift cards they have and then deleted them from the registry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards