North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Photographer

Hi all!  I'm soooo overwhelmed by how many photographers out there :P  Do you girls have any good recommendations?  Photography will be the biggest part of our spending and it is very important to find one that worth the money.  Any recommendation is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Re: Photographer

• edited December 2011
    My brother and sister in law used Michael Moss....he is amazing!
  • kelseymintakelseyminta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Carolyn Scott Photography and so far we love her!!  We haven't taken any pictures with her yet, engagement pictures are in November, but she's been super helpful and responsive to any questions we have and is always quick to recommend different vendors.  When looking at her pictures online there are many repeat customers who used her for their weddings and are now having families which, in my opinion, says a ton!
  • edited December 2011
    Michael Moss is incredible!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no! You guys just picked the ones I'm interested!!  Michael Moss is my favorite and I'll be meeting him soon.  I'm also looking into Carolyn Scott and Azul.  I hope that I'll have a better idea after I met with each one of them.  It's a very tough decision!!  Thanks all for the feedback!!
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Neil Boyd for my photos and he is just wonderful to work with!  My reception venue, North Ridge Country Club, listed him as a perferred vendor.  He spent over an hour going over everything with me and my parents, plus he even offered me suggestions for bridal salons, florists, and cake bakers he has worked with in the past.  His packages all included a second shooter and range from $3,000-$10,000.  You can also add on to a package so say you book a $4000 package but want to add soemthing, he is great with customization.  Roughly a 25% deposit is due at booking and you can always tweek things.  I highly recomend him.  Our engagment photos are in early November and I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    SCogs18, thanks for the info!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Bridget M cEnaney - here's a link to her blog site - http://bridgetmcenaney.wordpress.com/
    She did an awesome job at my close friends wedding and we can't wait to work with her. I've also seen a number of other knotties saying great things about working with her. Not sure exactly what style you're looking for but for us we really didn't want a lot of posey shots so her journalistc approach works perfect for us.Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I will second Bridget McEnaney! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jim colman
    http://jimcolmanphotography.com

HTH! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11-12-11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicVisit The Knot! Visit Purple.weddings.com

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
    163 accepted!
    9 can't make it
    116 haven't responded yet....
    RSVP Date October 12, 2011

• edited December 2011

A.J. Dunlap is my photographer.  All of her packages come with a second shooter (her husband)! I can't wait to work with her!
    http://ajdunlapblog.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_photographer-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:606Discussion:30e1fb28-a658-418b-a777-99a80fe1cd0fPost:72055a18-aefc-4e25-b477-a3cc6dfb5b65">Re: Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]My brother and sister in law used Michael Moss....he is amazing!
    Posted by busybeeandme[/QUOTE]

Im using him and he does amazing photos!! I can't wait for him to shoot my wedding in two weeks! Our e pics are awesome!!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Thanks all for the response!
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  Let us know who you choose!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also using AJ Dunlap. We just got our engagment photos back, and they turned out great. 
  • edited December 2011
    So we have met a few (3 photographers) and we are debating which one to go with.  One thing it bothers me a lot is they are all very nice and I don't know how to turn them down as we'll be only choosing one.  Did any of you experience the same?  How did you tell him/her no?  Is it wrong that I met more than one?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards